Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
Replacing Water Lines in Belly of Montana

We leave our 03 Montana model 3280 sitting on our site in the RGV. Arrived a few days ago to find every single water line in the belly had been eaten by mice/rats. DH thought he could patch it here and there and started to cut out sections to see how much water line he needed. As he traced it down he discovered they had eaten the lines in several places, including the huge fresh water fill line and the braided line from the pump. After cutting out all the bad parts he sent me to buy a roll of water line and connecters. Now the problem...... Forgot where the lines go. He worked on it for 2 days and thought he had it fixed, we had water and nothing leaked - BUT - When we turn on the hot water in either sink, it goes thru the Sure-flush valve under the bathroom sink. Does anyone know how the water lines connect on a 3280? We have w/d hook-up, outside shower, tub/shower, bathroom sink, toilet, kitchen sink, water heater and sure-flush system. Is there a way to find a REAL schematic for our rig? Or for any actual unit. All we have is the Pump schematic which is too generic. Like from the heater it goes to ? The Sure-flush goes from the outside wall connection to ? Please, any help will be appreciated.

osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Sherry and Bob,
Sorry to hear about the problem. Those mice sound really destructive! I would think getting to the water lines to remove and replace is a major job. But sounds like you got to them fairly easily. I wish I could help but I sometimes have difficulty turning the faucets on and off! I'm sure someone will come along soon to give you some good advice.

Hamrad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Unfortunately, there is no plumbing schematic (or electrical one for that matter) for these rigs. Unless you can convince someone to take pictures of their rig, you'll have to go by trial and error. You might want to coat the replacement tubing with cat fur to scare away the mice...
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Can't help with your plumbing schematic. My dad helped me plumb my new house years ago and come to find out he plumbed the toilet with hot water. Hope thing work out with the plumbing job .
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
osofine,One clue on the water lines on my '07 3000rk is that the printing on the hot water line is red, blue is on the cold lines. I don't know when that coding was started. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
We have no advise for you but send our sympathy down to you with the best of luck on your repair. I would like to remind you as we live fairly close together that is is starting to get cold up here!!! While you struggle with the repairs remember us that have yet to leave. 72 days to go. We don't quite make it to the RGV. We are on Mustang Island, Port Aransas, February and March. Good Luck!!
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 AM   #7
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
Heard you got snow. I feel for you. Beautiful here, 80 today. DH finally got it hooked back up through trial and error. It is working, the black tank flush works. Now I will put bounce and fabreeze spray in the belly to make sure it is not appealing to critters. Yes, the lines are marked red and blue - BUT - the replacement hose we bought at Home Depot was one color and since he tore it ALL out, we only had the lines in the basement to go by.
osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sherry and Bob-- If you can find it, buy some Fresh Cab. I got it at Tractor Supply and also found some at Menards. It is an herbal pest control and it works great for me anyway. I have the Monte put to bed for the winter here in Nebraska out in the open near a tall field of grass. There are plenty of those little pests out there and have had not problem with them getting into or around the Monte with them inside. I also use the fabric softener sheets (any brand will do as long as they are new sheets with plenty of scent).
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote