Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
Drip drip in shower drain

A small amount of water is dripping into the basement (08,3400)from the shower drain. I can't reach into the little hole in the flooring from below to tighten it. Any ideas how to stop this without a trip to the service department?

nickandmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
My new rig did this also. I was able to undo all the piping in the basement and then reconnect the drain to the underside of the shower, also I pushed the puddy in real good in the shower drain area and so far it has not leaked again. It also was no picnic to remove the drain pipes, but doe able. I also though I could not get in there but if you move things out of the way you can do it.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
It seems like this has happened a lot and it is difficult to reach up into the little hole where the drain comes through. What I did back in 2001 was to use a keyhole saw and enlarged the hole such that I was able to get a pair of channel lock pliers in just enough to get hold of the nut and turn it. It worked. Later on when I was having additional leaks around the drain, I discovered that the drain was made of plastic and had cracked. This allowed seepage into the basement also. I removed the drain and put in a metal one. This has worked well. As far as enlarging the hole goes, be patient because it will take a little time.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
ours did the same thing, while under warranty the dealer cut a larger hole to get to the trap nut. But the problem was the seal was bad under the drain itself. So after I brought it home and found it still leaking, the nut was so tight,either cross threaded or what,I had to cut it off and replace the trap. I then resealed the drain like it should have been. No problems since.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote