Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: How do you use your Montana?
Full Timer 133 17.18%
Long Timer 177 22.87%
Weekender 169 21.83%
Vacationer 226 29.20%
Set up on Seasonal Site 50 6.46%
Do not own a Montana yet 19 2.45%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
How do you use your Montana?

Here is a quick poll to see how everyone uses their Montana, Mountaineer, Cambridge or Big Sky.

Check one below. Make sure you VOTE first; if you choose the option to view results you'll use up your chance to vote.

You may only choose one option. Please choose that which best describes your situation.

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
please add 1 more section as we use it for more then vacation but not long timer as we use it 1 month solid in the spring the n 2 months solid in the fall and then fill in so how about do you use it 3 months at a time or 2 months at a time plus john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
This is the nicest way to spend a weekend short of a cruise!!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I didn't know how to vote, so probably voted wrong. We lived in our Montana for 4 months this year so far, so could not call us Long timers. Under which catagory should I have put us under? WE left for Florida Jan 4 and returned to our home in May. Plan to be in Arizona this fall for the winter.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Four months in a camper is a long time. Remember these are recreational vehicles intended for occasional use.We have thus far spent about 5 months in ours and will have been out 6 weeks by the time we get back from this trip. That is not occasional use..We are long timers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Two years ago today and 60,000 miles ago, we signed the closing papers on our house and moved into the Montana. Since then it is the only bed we have slept in and we love it. I sure was pleased to check us in as fulltimers.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:56 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
9 months ago we moved into or Montana fulltime. Our bed, kitchen and belongings are all under our one roof. Wouldn't trade the fulltiming life for living in a castle or a fulltime cruise.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 AM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Weekenders and Vacationers could be in the same catergory. We do both. In 2 years we will be longtimers. I put ours under vacationers, but really feel most vacationers also do long weekends.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
We'll be weekenders until retirement (which seems to approach more rapidly as the months wind down). And then I guess we're on permanent vacation whatever we do. Our crystal ball sees several multi-month trips each year after retirement, interrupted by the occasional cruise.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

Weekenders and Vacationers could be in the same catergory. We do both. In 2 years we will be longtimers. I put ours under vacationers, but really feel most vacationers also do long weekends.
Oh I don't know about that. We are only vacationers. We rarely if ever get away for the weekend and have never used the Montana for weekend trips.

So we voted as vacationers. If we are going on vacation we'd rather be in our Montana.

This weekend if the very first weekend we have ever used the Montana, our one and only two day trip.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
I voted Longtimers but we spend more time in the Montana then we do the house. This spring Apr 1st, we got home to VA after 5 months in FL in our Monty. Then we went to PA for the NE Rally and bought the new 2007 Big Sky. From there we went to VT for a week and NY for a week. We were gone almost 3 weeks. Samuel wants to leave Sept 1st for SD and spend a month and from there to Fl for 6 months. That's only 2 months and a week away. I'd dare say, were getting awful close to full time even thought we don't want to give up our lake house. One thing for sure, the Montana's suit all lifestyles.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We would be considered half and half. Is that a category? Half long term and half vacationers.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This may help in your choice

http://www.rvia.org/Content/Navigati...ce/default.htm
Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #15
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I think you are what you define yourself to be. I don't think it matters much how others define you. If you see yourself as a longtimer, that's what you are. If you see yourself as a weekender, so be it.

Rigid and somewhat arbitrary definitions are not what RVing is about. It is about enjoying what you do with your Monty. However you define your use of your Montana, there is no hierarchy or pecking order. Before I became a fulltimer, I was a "as-much-as-I-can-er", having fun either way..
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #16
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
Ours is set up on a lot on the Potomac river in WV. so I voted seasonal. We do live in it there for 7 months out of the year though.
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
We, like many of the others use our for whatever the occasion demands. We do vacation for the most part, but have used it to live in up to six months while building a new home. We have used it during the holidays to house extra guest and even taken to family outings on weekends just as a place to sit, cool off, and have a clean rest room.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
I guess that long timer describes us but we also set ours up for the summer on our river lot and use it on weekends.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This poll is very enlightening. There may be a fine line between weekender and vacationer. In our prior campers we were both, doing weekend camping trips as well as a vacation or two during the year. I would define a vacation as 7 days or more on the road. It also confirms my suspicion that many of us, Fulltimers and Longtimers, (40%) use our Montana's in a manner that they were NOT designed to be used yet they hold up pretty good considering.. This kind of data gives some substance to our "opinions"
Old 07-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #20
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
We fulltime live in ours and I believe the key to it is preventitive maintainence. I am always going over ours to make sure everything is 100%. Just because we sold our stick house doesn't mean that we do not have to take care of things. Just need to do it in another way. Less in the long run but more detailed. Learning what makes this thing click is what it is all about and taking care of that potential problem before it becomes an issue is the key. Just asked Gina if she was getting tired of living in a space this size and we both agreed....NO WAY! Besides now we are in control of our destiny and can live where we want. Sometimes hard to leave our friends new and old but oh my, it is so exciting being in our position. All our friends back in South Dakota got to see our life for the first time since getting our 3400RL last week. Once they saw what we were doing now understand why we live the way we do. Almost envious of our position in a way as one said. Yes they are not to be used to live in but then I see people living in card board boxes along the RR where I work and think to myself. Life is very very good. As one once said "home is where the heart is" and our Monty is home.........

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote