Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Television interference

I think I remember a thread on this some time ago but I did a search and nothing comes up.I have TVI (television interference) on both of the sets in the camper.It is only on the low channels, 3 in my case..5 is fine.It is wavy lines in the picture. We do not have them on any of the sets in the house when on the roof antenna. Can't make them go away no matter what I do...before I start tearing the camper apart does any one have any ideas??? or a solution???

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Rich-
Is it possible that your stick house antenna is stronger than the bat wing on the Montana. The wavy lines that you are describing sounds like the problem that occurs every summer with sun spots causing "skip" i.e. picking up multiple stations on the same channel. Last weekend I was parked about 50 miles north of Houston and on Friday night could pickup the Houston stations on the bat wing very clearly. By the next morning interference was so bad that the channels were very distorted. BTW, I was only going to be gone two days, not spending much time at the trailer did not warrant setting up the dish.

It's possible that you might be have a coax connection that is grounding itself out, that would be the other suggestion that I can add.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Rich, have you checked to see if your booster switch is in the correct position? Ours is inside a bedroom cabinet and has a red or green light on it. It has to be one way for the antenna, another way for the cable. Changing it may clear up your picture.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yea it looks like a weak signal and channel 3 is the furtherest one out from us and oh yes our roof antenna is a bit stronger that the bat wing it is a 18 element 50" boom with rotor that I use to pick up the browns games from Toledo when they are blacked out around here. Now that I think about it I do not remember that channel being bad when n we looked at it on the PDI..Have got to figure out the satellite connections next.The bedroom tv looks easy except where to bring in the RG-6..I do have one of those flat through the window RG-6 cable.Looking for a good place to drill through the side of the camper. I note that mess in the entertainment center..It says remove the jumper but can't find anything that says what to do next...trial and error I guess??? This is all fun you know!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Rich,

Do you have both TV's on?

For a weak signal like you have try it with just 1 set. Sometimes the LO of one set will interfere with the other.

If 5 is coming in strong then the amp and antenna are probably ok.

Oh make sure the TV is setup for air channels on your menu selection.

Can't think of anything else.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ha Ha..set up for air channels..never checked that or thought of that.I will bet that is it..will check in the AM...3000 heads are much better than one...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Rich,
I'm w/lightningjack...often forget to make sure antenna boost button and TV menu re. source are in synch (cable vs. antenna). Also, assume you're turned the batwing for max signal?!! Enjoy!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I know before I changed out the fan in the bath room that would cause interference on my TV`s.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote