Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Third Home

I have not payed any attention to threads being closed, but the discussion about a Montana Fifth Wheel being reduced down to the third on there list for use, because of all their problems. I am confused as to why it was closed,because they reported the problems they had ?? From the original post to the replies, I did not see anything that would get it shut down. I have read on other Forums if you say something bad about a Montana on this forum it will get closed, I have to guess this is what happened.

I thought it was an important thread, that would give two sides to the quality or lack of for the Montana Fifth Wheel. Maybe some insight to potential problems and how to avoid, fix or whatever,But I thought wrong.

up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
In my experience, threads that criticize Montana are NOT closed just cause you say something negative.

In my experience, what does tend to get threads closed is

1.) length, like those 18 pagers on the diamond studded tail gates, for example!

2.) When posts start getting personal in a negative way.

I'd suppose there are a few other reasons for threads to get locked.

Generally speaking I believe admins and moderators do a pretty good job of knowing when to shut us down. I sure am glad I don't have to make those decisions. GULP!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Threads get closed, as Carol indicated, for various reasons. Anyone who has spent any significant amount of time reading on the MOC would know that simply because someone says something negative about Montana the thread will NOT be closed and the individual will not be chastised in any way. But a long history of nothing but negative postings (regarding any issue and not just Montanas) will get closed and or edited or may even result in members being locked out.

While the "third home" thread was informative it seemed to have run its course. The same thing was simply being repeated. State your situation and move on. Give us the facts as they applied to you so that others might benefit and then move on.

You can only "beat a dead horse" so long before it gets really tiresome.

Please continue to share the good and the bad.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
RVWHeels, Thank you for a very thoughtful, well stated reply. I have seen a lot of negative post about Montana's run for a considerable amount of time as long as new information kept coming.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RVWheels

Threads get closed, as Carol indicated, for various reasons. Anyone who has spent any significant amount of time reading on the MOC would know that simply because someone says something negative about Montana the thread will NOT be closed and the individual will not be chastised in any way. But a long history of nothing but negative postings (regarding any issue and not just Montanas) will get closed and or edited or may even result in members being locked out.

While the "third home" thread was informative it seemed to have run its course. The same thing was simply being repeated. State your situation and move on. Give us the facts as they applied to you so that others might benefit and then move on.

You can only "beat a dead horse" so long before it gets really tiresome.

Please continue to share the good and the bad.

RVWheels

While this all sounds logical, It just does not hold much water. Go read the 4 page dribble that has been discussed about the mission tire comment from a dealer, they beat that poor horse way beyond death. Yes I will continue to share the good and the bad, and this is the bad.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have been a member of the MOC since July of 2003. In over 5 years I have seen many a post edited and/or deleted. Some of my own have been edited and/or deleted for various reasons and yet I am still here and I will be here for many many years to come.
I fully agree with RVWheel's explanation but I also agree with up2nogood's comment about Mission Tires. Having spent years in the tire business I always tried to explain the situation with Mission as I saw it. But in the past month or so I now ignore the Mission threads as I feel we are beating that dead horse. I feel that it is time to move on.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Since I was the one who started the "Late 2006 3400RL has become our 3rd home now" thread I was a little troubled when I heard that that thread had been removed. However upon checking it hasn't been removed. It is still here on the second page of the index for this section. However, I have found that trying to communicate actual experiences we have had with our late 2006 3400RL seems to bring out some pretty strong emotions from some MOC members. What has surprised me a bit is they seem to take the form of baiting the originator so that the thread becomes very abusive. I have elected not to play that game and will continue to communicate our experiences both good and bad and share tips on how we have learned how to fix some of the issues we have had to deal with. Some of the responses at times have caused me to wonder if there aren't some Montana employees on this list under assumed names. Guess I'm just getting paranoid. But will stay the course. We have received a tremendous amount of help from MOC members and we will continue to try to help others as well.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote