Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Indoor Iowa RV Storage

I am looking for any and all suggestions for RV indoor storage in Iowa. Would prefer it to be close to the Cedar Falls area, but not required. Need storage starting first week of November.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
WHOOOHOOOO

DAVE!!

Ya got the new job!??!

CONGRATS

Cedar Rapids is a great little town from what Al and I saw when we were there a few years ago!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Hey, Dave
Share with us what is going on. Assume, like Carol, if you are looking for storage, you got the job. If so, Congrats.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Welcome to IOWA, Dave. My wife and I are fellow IOWANS in N.E. Iowa. Cresco/Decorah area. I could find you storage about 5 miles west of Cresco I think. My barber has a large machine shed and I am thinking of renting a space there also. That may be a little to far for you to travel to Cresco. From Waterloo, 63 miles north on HWY #63 and 9 miles east on HWY #9. That is in Ripley's Beleive it or Not. Good luck with the new job.....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Dave....... CONGRADULATIONS.......... Just one thing though, you can't Change from "Montana Sky" to "Iowa Corn" I flagged the administrators not to let you make that change. Hehehehheh...

Hope you do well in your new job and new State.. Best Wishes..
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Congrats on the new job and WELCOME to Iowa! Check out the local county fair board. They usually rent out their buildings for storage during the winter months. Cheap too.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you all!

On Thursday October 12th, I accepted a position in Cedar Falls, Iowa. My first day is scheduled to be on November 5th. I will be leaving Spokane on October 29th to make the trip eastward. Amazing how much there is to do and how little time to do it all in.

deadeye,
If your barber is going to rent out space, would you please let me know when and how much he is charging. I have no problems with the 60 mile commute to Cresco. In fact, I know I will be heading up to the Featherlite conversion plant shortly after I get settled in. I have exhausted all but one more place in Des Moines, and have started placing calls as far east as Chicago in hopes of finding a safe, secure, and reputable indoor storage facility.

leaseit,
HAHAHAHA! That just cracks me up every time I read it...Scary how well that fits with the CF area. lol!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
congrats on your new job! and welcome to IOWA.
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Well Howdy neighbor...

Congrats on the new position and hope it works out well for you. You know you're heading into winter, so you're gonna get a crash course.
Have plenty of layers of clothes handy.

We're for sure gonna have to have some type of get together for those close by.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #10
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Well Dave, I didnt intend to let the cat out of the bag. Just thoughtI missed something while being away a lot this summer. Welcome to Iowa and we will have to hold a welcoming party for you once you arrive.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #11
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Dave:
I know we can find you a place to rent that is a lot closer than Des Moines. There is more than one around Cresco as we have a lot of trailers around here since this is the home of Featherlite Trailers and Buses. I'll check with the barber and get back to you. I was going to tell you that your closest Montana dealer will more than likely be Hiawatha/Cedar Rapids I think if you needed one for anything. There is also one in Story City, Iowa on !-35.
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Way to go Buddy.. We'll see you in the spring for sure.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:10 AM   #13
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations on your new job. Now you need to sign up for the Branson Rally in May. Hope everything goes great for you on your trip East.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:35 AM   #14
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dave if you have to come to Chicago I have a neighbor that has room available. His warehouse is huge, heated and has security. Give me a PM if the other sites don't work for you.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I look forward to meeting all of you that live around IA and MN. Any time anyone wants to get together, let me know.

Ron,
You did not let the cat out of the bag. After exhausting every resource available to me online, I decided to recruit the help of my MOC family. I knew there had to be indoor storage somewhere around Iowa.

Jack,
Any info on indoor storage in your area you can send would be most appreciated. I did call the Montana dealer in Hiawatha, they are going to mail me a list of storage facilities in the Cedar Rapids area. Problem there is most of their list is for outdoor storage.

Helen,
I cannot wait!

Dennis,
I doubt I will be able to attend the Branson rally, but am penciling in the fall rally in Goshen. Hopefully by September of next year I will be able to get away for a week.

Chuck,
Thank you! I will keep you posted. My aunt is looking through the Joliet, IL area at the moment for me.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #16
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Someone happy to go to Iowa in the Winter? This is NOT the Iowa I went to. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, the dealer in Cedar Falls, Jim Fogdall, is a college friend of Glen's (it's been a long time!) and they installed our Trailair hitch, did a good job. Might be a good service dealer for you. Best of luck as you make this transition. We'll pray that all goes well.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
oh come on! what is not to love about snowy windswept landscapes, blizzards that keep us snowbound for a day at least, cozy homes, thick soups cooking all day, snow angels .... some of lifes' best experiences are in IOWA!
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
I drove by Fogdall's on my way to look at a house in Hudson last Wednesday. I noticed they had a few Raptors on their lot. Was planning on calling them tomorrow to see if they had any recommendations on storage. Also wanted to see if they can do service on my Montana? Might be worth doing business there instead of making the 65 mile drive to Cedar Rapids.

Ronda,
"what is not to love about snowy windswept landscapes, blizzards that keep us snowbound for a day at least, cozy homes, thick soups cooking all day, snow angels .... some of lifes' best experiences are in IOWA!" Having grown up in South Dakota reading that brings back many memories. I sure hope to find a house with a fireplace... =)
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you to everyone who has been most helpful in trying to locate a storage facility in Iowa for me. I am happy to say I have found a facility that will meet my needs for the upcoming winter. Look forward to meeting you all. Dave