Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Washer & Dryer
Stack-able 63 14.79%
Combo 95 22.30%
Not yet but want one 98 23.00%
No, never want one 170 39.91%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #61
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We don't have one and have no plans to get one. DW would rather take a few hours a week and do laundry once than to be doing it several days a week. I don't want the extra weight either. To each his own, I guess....

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #62
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
I agree with you exsv8tr. 35 years ago hubby and I took a work & travel trip from Illinois to California with 2 kids and 1 born in Pecos, Texas.

Anyway, got in the habit of washing clothes once or twice a week and it was done!

When we got our Montana this year this was a non-issue. Still don't think I will ever want one. (Note I did not say never! Learned that lesson a while ago too!)
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #63
Big D

M.O.C. #8796
Does any one have pic's of the washer and dry going into a 2005 3400RL Mine has a shelf in the bottom and it looks like if i took it out it would open right in to the storge compartment But yet it has plugs labed washer / dryer
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #64
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Darren,
You are correct, the shelf needs to come out. Since we were in a hurry when we did ours we left it open. Plans were to close it in and we have yet to do it. At one time Keystone had plans that were sent to customers for enclosure. By the time we purchased the W/D, they had changed the closet and the shelf was not there. When I contacted Keystone, they told me there was no hole. I tried twice and was told the same thing. There are members who have enclosed the opening and hopefully they will respond.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #65
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Make sure that you know which tank the washer drains into.

And if it drains into the black tank, here is the fix:

Ok for all of you that have the 3400RL with the washer drain that goes into the black tank I have a fix if you’re ready to drop the panels and fix the problem with the poor engineering design from keystone.

First you will have to cut the drain line as it enters the black tank vent pipe, leaving about an inch on the vent pipe to allow you to glue a dead end cap on it.

Next you will have to cut wood next to drain pipe to allow it to turn far enough to clear vent pipe then using a 45 degree fitting, and straight pipe to a 90 degree fitting with a straight section down through floor to another 90 degree fitting then a straight piece to a 45 degree fitting, then a straight section into a 3 fitting with a end down to a 1.50 fitting.

As you can see there is no insulation in the section where the holding tanks are located, and the heat line into the belly is on the aft side of the tanks.

Beware even after doing this to always open the drain before using the washer, if you don’t it will not be able to vent, and will overflow into the washer and dryer closet!!!

Ok it’s time to have fun, and remember this will make the DW very happy!!!

Washer Drain Fix
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #66
Big D

M.O.C. #8796
I just wanted to tell you thanks for reply I sure would like to see how the factory did it
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Darren,
You are correct, the shelf needs to come out. Since we were in a hurry when we did ours we left it open. Plans were to close it in and we have yet to do it. At one time Keystone had plans that were sent to customers for enclosure. By the time we purchased the W/D, they had changed the closet and the shelf was not there. When I contacted Keystone, they told me there was no hole. I tried twice and was told the same thing. There are members who have enclosed the opening and hopefully they will respond.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #67
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Since Darren has the same model and year we do, I am pretty sure his drains into the gray tank. But his bathroom sink probably drains into the black tank. When they changed this, they quit putting the lower shelf (bench) in the W/D closet.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #68
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
I have the vented Splendide combo. I satisfied with it. I miss the old stick-house way of doing laundry, and like others have said, the wrinkles are quite amazing, but I have never in my life cared about my clothes being wrinkled. Probably because I have always worn Tshirts or tshirt type material for the most part and the wrinkles seem to go away after an hour or so of wearing it just from body heat. Same for jeans and skirts. I think I am a sloppy dresser and don't know it. lol.
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #69
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We are on the second week with our new Bosch washer and dryer. I installed a full 220 volt 30 amp circuit with 8-3 wire. I try to balance each leg on the 50 amp circuits and everything works great. No unbalanced loads and the units are very quiet, the wash only gets a wiggle with large loads and even that isn't a problem because it decreases after the first spin. The tub is 3.4 cubic feet, the largest I could get in a 24 inch unit. The dryer is also very quiet and does a full load in less than an hour. We do a light load every couple days and everything is running perfectly. With the Freshwater tank full we can run 5 loads as the washer only uses 8 gallons of water. The drain taps into the sewer pipe just before it gets to the dump cap. Never goes into the holding tanks unless you gate the end and open the dump gates. Great setup and this has been in the offing since we got the rig. We were going to wait till the house sold but has a nece windfall as we left for this trip south and after having to go 20 miles on mountain roads to the nearest laundromat we decided it was time to get the W/D. They are Bosch aXXis models and the whole system with vent and delivery ended up being about 1600 dollars. Betsy and I did the install and are very pleased with the performance. If you have the room I recommend getting the units... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #70
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
No, don't think we will ever get them.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #71
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We have the 2100xc Splendide combo in our Montana. Called Camping World in St Augustine, Florida and set up an appointment to have it installed on our trip back to Florida. They did a really good job. They ran the ducting inside the wall and did a really good installation. The washer is installed so I don't have to bend over to load it about 2 + feet above floor level. I can keep all my laundry supplies and other stuff on floor underneath washer. All of my clothes are clean -- no more laundry pile up. I am a Happy Camper.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lady RV

Do you have a Washer and Dryer in your Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky or Cambridge?
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #72
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We had a shelf in our 3380RL Montana too. A shelf was built on top of that shelf --strong enough to hold our 2100xc splendide combo. It is easy to load and you don't have to bend over. I still have room between the top shelf and washer to store stuff. There also is room underneath the washer to store stuff. We could have taken the shelf out and put the washer floor level, but am so happy it is about 2 feet off floor, easier on the back to load washer.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Big D

Does any one have pic's of the washer and dry going into a 2005 3400RL Mine has a shelf in the bottom and it looks like if i took it out it would open right in to the storge compartment But yet it has plugs labed washer / dryer
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #73
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Just installed a combo.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #74
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
I want one on our new rig. We will get a combo.
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #75
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I use the space to put a small refrigerator in,and shelves.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #76
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
We have the combo.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:25 AM   #77
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Combo, although it takes a LONG time to run a load or two!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #78
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Combo..Vented

My wife just loves it!

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #79
tigerrag

M.O.C. #8083
We would rather have the storage room.
tigerrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #80
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We chose not to get the w/d, we prefer the storage space. The trip to the laundry mat is not a problem, we combine that with the grocery shopping or lunch and usually finish the wash in 1-1/2 hours with the two of us. Prefer not to use the campground, either there are not enough machines or the cost is way off. If we get a larger montana I still don't think we would opt for the w/d although it is a good consideration for some.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote