Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Off Like a Herd of Turtles

Well we finally got things loaded up and headed down the road to Q! Got a later than we wanted to start today (but what's usual about that for us, huh?)and made it to Emporia, KS but we're on our way anyway. Figure if everything goes well we'll be down there by Sunday at the latest. Looking forward to seeing some old friends while there and meeting some of the new ones that we've been talking to here on the forum. See you all in a few days!

Update- Tuesday, January 8th-- Sitting in or around El Reno, OK in a KOA watching my favorite shows-- NCIS, NCIS LA and Las Vegas-- on cable here at the CG. Hit a little misty rain for a bit but going good! Comfey with the infrared heater cranked on and the furnace set at 60 incase it get to cold tonight and we get some heat to the underbelly. Debating on our route from here on whether we will be heading west to Amarillo then south from there or to head south from a little further down I-40. Guess it will depend on the Weather Channel tonight and what they say! I hear some of you in down there in Tucson got some of the white stuff. Keep it there and make sure it melts before we get there! Had enough of that up in Nebraska! Take care and see you all at Q in a few days! Larry and LaVonne-- no turtle soup for me- tastes to much like mud! LOL

Update-- January 9th-- Set up at Santa Rosa Campground, Santa Rosa, NM. Talked to several individuals here in NM and have decided to head down Hwy 54 and Hwy 70 from here for Las Cruces and may stay there or head further, who knows. Hwy 54 only a two lane road until we get down south further but have been told the drive is nice and no problems for towing the Monte. Guess we'll find out! Hope to be at Q on either Saturday or Sunday morning at the latest!

Update- January 10th-- Headed out this morning and down Hwy 54. It was a good drive except for some construction at one of he small towns. Had about a 15 minute wait there but everything else went fine! We're at Sunny Acres RV Park in Las Cruces for the night and will head out for Tucson tomarrow. Sunny Acres is a nice park and wouild recommend it to others if you are looking for one! It's in the middle of town but easy to get to.

Update- January 11th-- Made it to Tucson today and had some head winds that really cut the MPG down. Will be heading out tomarrow for the final stop before hitting Q. Going to get the Monte ready for the week by draining and flushing the tanks, filling the water tank and making sure we have full tanks of propane since it sounds like it could be a cold start to the annual circling of the Montes!

Update- January 12th-- Well we are 12 miles from Q at Black Rock RV Village in Brenda, NV. Will take our last LONG shower for 10 days tomarrow morning, fill the water tank with some soft water, and fill our 12-gallon empty milk jugs for extra water and get really to head out tomarrow morning for Q. Have to hook up the two new Interstate batteries yet but will do that at the Circle. Looking forward to seeing some of our old friends and meeting new onesat the Circle. This may be our last post for this episode but will try and post a daily post on happening at the Circle to let you know what's up and going on!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Safe travels for you and Mary. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

Are you having Turtle Soup later???
Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Dixiedawg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9927
Looking forward to seeing you two and hope you have a safe trip.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Be careful guys, watch out for crazy drivers, defense, defense!!
See you at the 'Q'.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
Ken Ralston
Established Member

M.O.C. #10932
Take it slow and easy drive safe hope to see you in a few days.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I LOVE your title for this topic....'Off like a herd of turtles'! That is going to be us next Tuesday. We were supposed to leave at noon on Tuesday but then I had to substitute teach for someone so I will not be out until 3PM and we NEVER seem to leave when I want us to. I am going to make a real concerted effort to leave even if we forgot something...my justification is that we will probably able to replace the item at the Q! Have a safe trip!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
No snow in Tucson, in the city. LOTS of it up on Mount Lemmon, and I have not checked lately, but, heard a couple of days ago it was gonna do more.

Be careful with 40, it can get snarly pretty fast and easy if it does snow.

See ya soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Grey Nomads
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8781
Glad you made it out safely.. Enjoy your time in Q.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Stay safe and have a good trip! By the way, out here we call them tortoises
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #11
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
Drive safe and see you there. We are taking the southern route and will be there on the 14th.
Home is where we park it
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ron,
On your way down 54 why don't you stop at Edgington RV Park http://www.passportamerica.com/campg...tionrvpark1993
It's a nice park and you can take a run from there to White Sands
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
Ken Ralston
Established Member

M.O.C. #10932
The Route we took was to go west on 40 to Moriarty, Take 41 South to 60 then over to Bernardo, South 25 down to Hatch and then cut Southwest on 26 to Deming, Good road and not any big hills. We stayed in 81 Palms, 2800 West Pine, Deming NM 88030. Very Nice Park with very clean Showers and Rest rooms. You'll miss the big hills that way. Travel Safe Kb
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Love Sunny Acres.

WHERE in Tucson will you stop?? We leave here Saturday AM, weather permitting.

DRIVE real careful tomorrow, Momma Nature is in a snit! Big SNIT!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #15
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Ron, Kathy and I arrived yesterday and are looking forward to seeing you and Mary again. Travel safe and we will see you soon.
Closed Thread