Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Jordan Lake Campground, Apex, NC

We are planning a trip to see my son and family who live in Cary, NC. It is in the Raleigh/Durham area. Cannot park our RV in their yard as there are restrictions. There are not many campgrounds or RV parks in the area and most are over 30 miles away. It sounded like this one would work out as it is less than 10 miles from their house.

Here's the interesting part. It is a COE park run by the state. I had heard they lock everything up at night and you can't get in or out after 6 PM. Since we have a very sick grandchild who is being treated for Leukemia, this would be totally out of the question for us. When talking to the ranger, I asked him why we couldn't stay at the other park they run just down the road as it has a locked gate but they give you a combination. He said that is only for group camping. I got a little choked up and he could tell I was upset. When I told him our situation, he said they would make an exception and we could stay at the one for group camping and be able to come and go as we please.

Now I ask you. Would any of you want to stay at a campground you can't get in or out of after 6PM? Even if we didn't have this situation going on in our family, we would not like being locked in or out. It just doesn't make sense! I guess it is because it is off-season. Thank God they have a heart and are letting us stay at the other one. Otherwise we would have to go to one that is about 30 miles away.

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Tis beyond me Nita, glad you told the ranger your situation and he gets a pat on the back for bending the rules and helping you guys out. Keep us posted on how your baby is doing. Ya know we are all praying and pulling for ya!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Best wishes for a safe trip. Thankfully they bent the rules for you. Wishing you and your family all the best and a great outcome.
In our prayers.