Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks - floorplan changes!

While we were having a dealer check our brakes and repack the wheel bearings we wandered around their lot and were able to look around in all three new models - the 3075RL, 3000RK, and 3600RE.

Wow, we were impressed by all three! But, most of all, we were impressed that all three have the bathroom vanity sink back in the bathroom and not in the bedroom. Each has a sliding curtain, too. Both of those are things many of us listed as keeping us from considering a new Montana. While we prefer our wood sliding doors, the curtain eliminates our concern about the doors. And the sink being on the bathroom side of that curtain was our other big concern. Thanks for listening to us.

Also, I see in the new brochure it lists the high gloss as being 200 lbs additional, not 600 as the older brochures claimed. I'm glad to see that was updated, as well.

Again, thanks for listening to us. Now, if we could just win a lottery so we could trade for a new one!

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
We are also looking seriously at the 3075 - however the 2 we looked at still had the sink in the bedroom
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, You mentioned the 3600RE.
I know you have a rear kitchen so I was wonering what your opinion would be in having the entertainment center in the rear of the trailer?
I would think the ride in the rear could be a bit harsh for such electronic equipment.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
My 3670RL has the television and the computer desk which I leave the printer in and they seem to do just fine. I have been over some rough roads. It seems my frame in the front has taken the worst of the ride.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, I hadn't given that much thought.... but thinking about it now I would not think it a problem so long as the electronic equipment is secured. Given today's electronics use printed circuits and not vacuum tubes and the like, I would think they could handle a lot of rapid movement so long as the movement is not overly jarring. If the equipment is secured to the shelves then the action of the Montana's springs and shocks would soften the movement enough, I would think. I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me. We sure liked the looks of the etertainment center at the rear.

Doug's experience seems to fit with that.

Markwick, this one definitely had the sink on the bathroom side of the curtain. I just doublechecked the latest brochure, too. Maybe this is one of those running changes. I didn't notice whether these are 2006 or 2007 models but the brochure is 2006. The 2007's are due out either now or in July, I'm not sure which.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote