Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
merv62
Established Member

M.O.C. #10174
mushroon attic vent covers

hello everyone does anyone know where i can purchase mushroom attic vent covers for my 2002 2955 i think i have the right p/n 102776 but i can't seem to find out where to buy them thanks ------m

merv62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
You can order them from your dealer. They are between $15 and $20 dollars a piece, They will send you the whole thing from the roof up,couldn't find the cover only. jim
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Try here if you can't find it at your local RV store.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
BB TX, none of those in the link are the right vent. I know this because I recently replaced mine and I had to take one of them off and go to a RV dealership that carries Komfort trailers. Komfort uses the same vents.

The only Montana dealer near me does not even have a parts department.

I tried finding them online but never got an exact match. The closest I got was a marine supply house.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I broke one of mine washing the top and I got new ones at the keystone dealer here in knoxville. I had to buy the whole thing they were app 12.00 each. now I just need to screw the top part on. So hard to find time since I retired.LOL
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MuddyPaws

BB TX, none of those in the link are the right vent. I know this because I recently replaced mine and I had to take one of them off and go to a RV dealership that carries Komfort trailers. Komfort uses the same vents.

The only Montana dealer near me does not even have a parts department.

I tried finding them online but never got an exact match. The closest I got was a marine supply house.
May be different on earlier models. I had to replace one of mine and it was the same Ventline model as shown in the link. Only needed the cap, but had to buy the whole thing. But then it was only about $3-$4 at the RV dealer.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
This was from another MOC member that did all the leg work I'll share it with you

Roof Attic Mushroom Cap
For Keystone and Montana
Roof attic vents

As DL N K said, the part number Keystone gave me is 102776. The "official" name is Roof Attic Mushroom Cap.
I just found the part number in my files, should be p/n 102776. Parts guy didn't know what I was asking for until we went outside to a new Everest and I pointed them out. He took both off the Everest and sold them to me and ordered new ones for his stock unit. That's customer service, and why I get most of my parts/supplies from them. If that's the ones you're talking about, they screw on. Give 'em a counterclockwise twist and it should spin right off. There's a bolt right in the middle.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I purchased generic vent caps that have spring type arms that fit inside the vent pipe. Simply squeeze the arms and insert into your vent pipe and they hold by applying pressure inside the pipe, Works great - I've have had them on for 2 years and you can get them at any RV dealer.

Just realized you were looking for the attic vent covers....I described the waste tank covers. Sorry!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:14 AM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We needed one while in Clermont, FL a couple of years ago and were told that they would cost $30 apiece. DH decided to make one. He bought a 6 inch diameter sewer cap and drilled holes around the sides to help with ventilation. Then he drilled a hole in the top to accomodate a bolt that was approx. 3/4 inch long by 3/8 or 5/16 inch diameter (it has to match the nut that is mounted inside the vent pipe). He then used matic to install a fiberglass screen inside the cap to cover the holes to prevent bugs from getting in. This was a great fix that cost less than $10. While we needed only one, he changed both. Hope this helps. My husband is very creative when doing repairs and has saved us $$$$. If necessary he will go up on the roof and get one down to take pictures of.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Big D

M.O.C. #8796
Paul Everts Rv in Fresno CA stocks them Just replaced mine they seem to breack every 5 yrs They have a web site so you could order them
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I bought mine at Camping World, they were not on display in the store. I happen to talk with the service manager and he had them in the shop. $7.00 each....just the cover.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote