Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
TEXAS San Antonio & Hill Country Info Please

I recently saw a blog posted by someone on their trip to the San Antonio and Hill country area of Texas. We are planning a trip there in Sept., does anyone know who posted that info so I can look up the info. It was very informative and I need to find it again. Thanks for the help.

wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Don't have the answer to your question but if your going to be in the area my son is the Wine Maker for Flat Creek Estates in Marble Falls and the have a great Saturday music show at least once a month.

And to top it off their wine is drinkable.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wat42,
There are several of us on here that are familiar with the area.

There are numerous CG's in the area. Depending on what you are planning to do would be where you may want to stay. There are CG's up around New Braunfels that can be used as a jump off point for San Antonio, Austin, and other various Hill Country locations as day trips. We stayed at River Valley Campground when it was a Passport America site and were very satisfied with it. There are several others in that area that are PA. There is also a military FAMCAMP at Canyon Lake if you have connections with the military or DOD.

Oak Forest RV Park in Austin is PA and is very nice.
There are a few others in Austin

San Antonio has several. We stayed, and liked Braunig Lake but I would recommend getting the premium sites for a few buck more. Much bigger site. The standard sites are very, very close together.

Admiralty RV Resort is pricy, but very close to Sea World with shuttle

It my be best to Google "San Antonio RV Park" and get a listing of all in the area and ask a question on one you may be interested in. Same for Austin and other areas. There is a lot to do and see in Texas.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
Thanks for the info, I didn't make it clear that we are not going in the RV this time. Going to spend 2 weeks in the area of San Antonio & the Hill Country. Someone had a write up w/pictures of their trip there and that's what I was looking for. Just looking for sightseeing places, nice restaurants, anything different that we might not find on our own. Can't remember who it was on the forum - thanks again for any help you can send.
Bill & Patty
wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We were there Jan/Feb of this year, at the Blazing Star RV Resort in San Antonio. Unfortunately, we're several months behind in postcards (they have us still in Boston) so our info isn't yet online.

We do have several trips to the Hill Country on our website (see below) in prior years. Fredericksburg is one of our favorite areas to visit.

As for a restaurant, our very favorite is the Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, TX. Right in the hill country on US 281, just north of the bridge at the south end of town, east side of the road. We've eaten there several times.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The Rio Raft CG has cabins, as do several other CG resorts in the area of New Braunfels.

Hope you have a pleasant time in Texas.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote