Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Off to Eugene, Oregon!

We finally have our next contract to beat the summer heat. We are off to Eugene, Oregon on May 31st. We are very excited. Neither of us has been there, but we keep hearing it's beautiful there. We will be there until Sept.3rd. If anyone has any good directions to give us on the best route to tow a trailer from Little Rock, Arkansas, please feel free to e-mail us a private message. Thanks everybody. Be safe out there.

traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
traveltunes,

I don't have any good directions on the best route to Eugene from Little Rock, but I can say you are headed for my favorite part of the United States.

Here's wishing you safe travels, and an enjoyable stay in Oregon.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
traveltunes,

We always stay in Eugene on our way through Oregon. Make sure you have your bicyles...the trails there are incredible.

We've never been to Little Rock, so can't help you with directions.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I am sorry we can't help you with directions to Eugene from your neck of the woods, but when you want to fenture over to the coast (to beat the heat) which will be about 1 hour from Eugene, head on over to Florence. It is a great place to stay or visit. Lots to do and see with one of the best state parks for families (Jessie M. Honeyman) or anyone for that matter. Many other state parks nearby also.

They also have a nice 3 block waterfront area with a Mo's Restaurant and a great ice cream store called "BJ's" that makes it's own ice cream. The waterfront is loaded with neat little tourist shops.

The sea lion caves are about 11 miles north of Florence and the Heceta Head lighthouse is just up the road from the Sea Lion caves. You can tour the lighthouse and even the haunted GateKeeper's cottage if you time it right.

You can also go east from Eugene thru Springfield and hit the McKenzie River area which is absolutly beautiful and has campgrounds and lakes. I think it is about 1/2 hour from Eugene.

Okay, I better stop rambling now, I am off to work.

Have a great day and welcome to the west coast!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Thanks everyone for your info. If anyone has anymore advise on where to go or what to see while were in Eugene, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
05WAF350
Established Member

M.O.C. #6351
WE will be there prior to your arrival for our son's graduation from U of O law school. If you decide to venture further north for the summer up to Kitsap County Washington let us know as this is our home stomping grounds. We have some nice places to stay but reservations can br tough at some parks. Don
05WAF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
You can't pump you own gas in Oregon.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote