Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
K&M in WA State

Hi,

We joined K&M about three months ago. We have stayed at Ocean Mist, Ponderosa Falls and Diamond Point so far. Not too bad and we had a good time. Has anyone stayed at Beachwood(?) in Blaine or the one in Randle? What are they like? I found a membership campground review site and although it appears the same three people rated these campgrounds, they were very bad reviews. We have reservations for Blaine in September and dont want to waste a week in a park that is no fun. All pics I have seen, look like a nice park but...

Thanks

sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I belong to a membership as well, but not K&M. Since you have paid the membership and these campgrounds are included, it's best just to check for yourself. Some folks have bad luck, or can't be made satisfied no matter what. I have heard the same things of our membership and found them not as bad as stated, in fact, I usually find the reverse - for example, one got good reviews, but they must have gone there when the dairy farm next door wasn't as "smelly" or they got used to the stench. On the other hand, some facilities at membership CGs you don't need or care about and the surrounding areas might be more advantageous than what the CG offers.

Since it's a membership you've already paid for I recommend you may as well seek the adventure to use each one and establish your own favorite. You might find someone else's trash is your treasure, or vice versa.

On edit: I forgot to ask, did this same party give reviews anywhere else (good or bad)? They could be suffering owner's remorse and just want to bag on the facilities. Again, just another opinion to use care judging anything based on a single party's comments.

If it is a non-membership CG, then I am not as tolerant and too many bad reviews gets my attention.

This is only my opinion.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Hi,

I suspect they were the same as the review was almost identical with a different name. I checked to see if they made reviews of the ones I have stayed at and no luck. I plan to make an adventure out of it. I am guessing it will be fine.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Steve and Lori we had a look at Beachwood a couple of years ago and it looked like a nice park. They have a couple of pools and you find your own site as they aren't assigned. A few people we know have memberships there and enjoy it. The park is close to Birch Bay, Bellingham, and several golf courses. I am sure you will enjoy yourselves. Take some of those evaluations with a grain of salt most parks are what you make off them.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Beachwood is our home park and has been an ok place to stay. It depends on what your activity needs are. There are lots of things to see around there from Mt Baker to the beach. Even outlet stores nearby. They actually have 3 pools. One adult pool, one family pool and one little kid pool. They have been through some growing pains with change of ownership etc. 2 yrs ago we were disgusted with the cleanliness and people not picking up after their pets. It has improved. Have fun there and Sept is a good time to go.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Steve & Lori,
Our kids are K&M members too and we have stayed at Beachwood and Randle both.
Randle was in the snow and rain so other than the swimming we stayed inside. We stayed there about a year after they had the flood and it was still pretty muddy when it rained. Laundry was OK. I used to work in the area so was not interested in sight seeing.
Beachwood is close to where we live now. DW would rather go elsewhere. Nothing wrong at all to mention, but unless the kids are there we would choose somewhere else. Again this is only our preference. I think it is great for the younger folks.
Do you like the one in Elma? We haven't been there yet. How are things in Aberdeen? We used to drill a lot of water wells in that area. I thought I might like to live there sometime.
When you come North through Seattle be prepared for some rough highways.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Elma is a nice park, but like you Grandpachet, it is close to home (12 miles), so we have little interest in staying there. I tried to talk the DW into setting up there a week or so ago as it was very hot here and they have a nice pool. I even tried to bribe her with breakfast at the Rusty Tractor which is a block or so away. Very good food...anyway, we have stayed at Ocean Mist in Ocean City and although not a great park, very quiet and homey. We love it there and will be there again this weekend. I can be on the road and set up in 45 minutes, so it is also close to us.

It is nice to see our area finally starting to grown a little. Some industry has located here and the port is doing better now that they have finally realized timber is just one product and the whole port need not be timber related. We like it here and it is a great starting point to go in all directions. I am looking forward to a week of being too fasr away to be called back to work, so we can chill and enjoy life.