Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 THE END

It is approx 6:20 AM May the 29th.
The official start date of the NE Rally
At this time we have 12 MOCers on site with more arriving today.
The weather is a bit on the chilly side (I'm loving it) with a low at 3:30AM this morning of 46°F.
Today's forecast is..
Sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 8 mph.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 45. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

The rest of the weekend....

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south between 7 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. West wind between 8 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Not the greatest forecast but than again who believes the weatherman?

Like the mailman "rain, snow, sleet or shine" we will take what we get and we will still have a great time.

A side note...Today we will be honored with the arrival of a SPECIAL guest. I am not at liberty to mention his/her name at this time and so for those not in attendance you will just have to wait for the next update.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
I am so jealous.... ready to go, the Monty is packed, waiting for Friday!!! Can't wait to get on the road and up there! Hope the rain holds off....
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Glenn, please keep up the posts so we can "attend" the rally remotely. We are so disappointed that we had to cancel our plans to be there because of a severely messed up calendar but we are with all of you in spirit. We look forward to getting news on all the happenings.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:49 AM   #4
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We too are sorry to miss this year's rally - we loved it last year. But we are happy to be in Prince George, British Columbia on our way to Alaska. We will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo-Anna

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Great First Day! The donations and stuff in the Goodies bags was the bomb!

Most folks are in - waiting on 4 folks to arrive.

I had to print a few forms but am heading back out to the campfire. Sounds like they are having too much fun and I am missing it.

Oh, there were 3 of the anniversary new floor plan units here on site for us to drool over and Aram was our special guest to hear us ohh and ahh and bend his ear...

Wish all who wanted to be here could be.

Oh yeah! Barry Adams gave a fantastic presentation tonight. Art's arm is still sore though from holding the rifle for a long time.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
6:30 AM - Day 2 - 47°

The first day of the NE Rally was near perfect. The day was bright and sunny and the Meet and Greet was fantastic.

There were 2 HI-LITES for the Meet and Greet.
#1 Was the presence of Aram Kooltokian. For the ones that never attended a Fall rally and never had the pleasure of meeting Aram you have little idea of who I am refering to. Aram is THE man at Montana.
Aram has attended many of the Fall Rallies but this is the first time Aram has attended a Regional Rally anmd believe me when I say we felt very honored.
#2 Kinda prejudice on this one, Barry Adams, Licensed Tour Guide and my brother attended the Meet and Greet and gave us all a tremendous history on the Civil War. He actually started the presentation in 1938. 1938 you say?? Well in 1938 they had the 75TH Reunion of the remaining Civil War Vets. These Vets came from all over the US to attend this reunion. The ages averaged in the 90s with the youngest Vet being 88 years young.
Well for me to explain further I would have to write a book.

Click here for a few pictures.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We arrived yesterday; we will be staying through next weekend. I understand the campground will have a live re-inactment right here on the camp ground.
Last night we did our first load of laundry in the new Splindide washer/dryer. Found out that it wasn't ventless as we were told when we purchased it.

Today we had a nice time at Beckley's Camping Center. I purchased a vent kit and plan on fixing that. I just want to make certain that there isn't a problem making a hole in the wall before mounting the vent. Very jittery about drilling through the wall but it looks like it will have to be done.

We are away from the main group and are located on site #29. Any fellow campers in the area are more than welcome to stop by.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Aram Kooltokian as Glenn indicates is "the man" at Montana . His title is "product manager. That means his name is the first one on the organizational chart in the Montana division.He is "the Boss" Period. If you think we have no input to Montana changes you should see him taking notes and asking questions at this and the fall rally. We also get a huge education on how the rv industry works and why some things just can not be done. Example..If a 3400 Montana was built the way Rich wanted it to be it would weigh @30K and cost @ 175K..few would be sold. Great rally.. many new MOC faces for us...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
The NE Gettysburg Rally is outstanding. It is our first rally and are truly enjoying ourselves and meeting all the great folks attending. Glenn is correct about the weather - ideal.

We are at a great park; and our wagonmasters and volunteers are really working hard on keeping this - fantastic.

Barry Adams Gettysburg talk last evening was excellent and we look forward to Barry again Sunday on an actual tour he will host.

Judy and I are so pleased were are able to join this rally.

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:36 AM   #10
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich is right about Aram. I told him I was having problems getting the part numbers for some mod's I was doing. He picked up his cell phone and within less than a minute I had the part numbers I needed.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:31 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Day 3, Friday was another beautiful day. Temp was about 85° and just a bit humid. I will take that weather any day over what we are expecting today (Saturday)

----------------------------------------------------------
Today: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. High near 81. West wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. Low around 59. West wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
---------------------------------------------------------

But we will take whatever Mom Nature throws at us and still have a great time

Friday we had a tour/open house of Beckley's Camping Center in Thurmont, MD. They are the local Montana dealer and one worth looking into for your next Monty. They put on a lunch for us, gave us all a goody bag just full of some great stuff. They have an RV accessory that reminds you of a small scale Camping World and we were all given a 10% discount on all store merchandise. So if you are ever in the Thurmont, MD area I would be stopping in. They are located on US Route 15 just south of Thurmont about 30 minutes south of Gettysburg.

At 6PM we had a Chicken Bar-B-Q. It was great
At 7PM we were all entertained by Mike Dodd with songs and stories of the Civil War. Mike is very talented and a pretty good comedian.
Like every other night we finished up with a campfire and some great comradery

Click here for a few more pictures

BTW-These are just a few of the pictures taken so far. Later this week I will be adding many many more that will be coming from the other photographers
Old 05-31-2008, 04:20 AM   #12
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I second all that has been said. Beckley's open house happened to have the REESE sales rep on site. I mentioned a problem which he could not help, however, Craig (owner and service manager) stepped in and said he would send a technician and Sid (Reese sales rep) up to the campground that evening to check my hitch on the trailer (only way to verify towing condition and pin tolerance). At 7:30 they arrived made their findings and the replacement part will be delivered to Beckley's next week. The fact Beckley's (Craig) took the initiative to send the tech 30 miles up the road says a lot for their customer relations.
Cheers,

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:23 AM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Well to put my two cents worth in, I agree with what everyone says about the events that have been scheduled by our fantastic wagonmasters. But, even with all that said, our best time so far has been the dinners and the campfire. Why is that?? Simply put,(remember this is our first rally) the members of the MOC are also fantastic. We have thoroughly enjoyed meeting all and putting faces to the posts on this forum. Anyone who has been hesitant about attending a rally should mark one down on their calendar. The weekend after Labor Day we are going to the Virginia Rally at Staunton (see the appropriate thread for details) and we hope the interest in that rally grows as the time approaches. Sorry for the slightly off-topic advertisement, but back to Gettysburg, we are hitting the battlefield today to learn what we can since the youngest DD has to do a report since Dad let her play hookie from school Friday. We look forward to the rest of the day events that are scheduled. I cannot overstate the fact that we are having a great time and look forward to meeting many MOCers ad attending more rallies in the future.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Day 4, Saturday
Well let me tell ya Ole Mom Nature sure didn't cooperate with the Wagon Masters on this day. The stay started out with a real boom. Thunder booms that is and periods of heavy rain. Now the rain wasn't all that bad it happened on the very day of out door activities. Saturday was scheduled for the Show and Tell and the Yard Sale. Well we did have a couple folks out in the rain for the most part everyone stayed inside or left the CG for other indoor adventures. BUMMER!
However, it did clear up and we were able to hold the potluck on the porch of the large recreation room. We also had the Gift Exchange at the same location. These 2 activities were a huge success.
Also the campground did have their own activities in the rec room which included a ceramics class, farmers market, and one of the funniest Ventriloquist I have seen.
Other than the weather the sadist part of the day was when Aram stopped by to say Goodbye and left Indiana.

Added MANY more photos to the album. CLICK HERE to go there

Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Day 5, Sunday
Well after a rather wet Saturday we were greeted with a near perfect Sunday. It was a shame that a few of the MOCers had to depart the rally early as they missed one of the greatest Gettysburg Battlefield tours by the absolute greatest tour guide, that anyone could ask for. Yes I am just a tad prejudice about this tour guide as he is my brother Barry.
The 2 hour "scheduled" turned out to be over 2 1/2 hours and while the Tour Bus company did charge us a fee for the use of the bus, Barry's part of the tour and the Thursday night presentation was at no cost to the MOCers. THANK YOU BARRY!!!
The day did start with the Omelet-in-a-Bag and as usual we all ate well and had a great time.
The afternoon ended with a Pizza dinner from Brother's Pizza. The pizzas were excellent.

Because of the very busy day Sunday I did not have a chance to add any additional photos to the album but rest assured there will be more. H John Kohl was our main photographer and will be giving me over a hundred photos he has taken. I will have to edit each photo before putting them into the album so don't look for the photos much before the end of the week.

Tomorrow, Monday, will be the official end of the 2008 Northeast rally. At 7:30AM we will have a Continental breakfast and at 9AM a final clean up of the hall.
After that we will all be heading for our next destination. Lorraine and I will be heading to my daughters near Pottsville, PA for a 3 week stay.
Please, believe me when I say that I am truly sorry for those attending MOCers that have a "next destination" of home and "back to work"...............NOT

AND Finally I would like to say...
THANK YOU RICK AND JEANA and BILL AND LISA
FOR TRULEY FANTASTIC RALLY. THE FOUR OF YOU AND ALL YOUR COORDINATORS DESERVE A HUGE CHEER OF THANKS.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks to you Glenn for giving us a taste of the rally. We are sorry we missed it and hope in the future that we can meet all of you down the road. It sounds like you had a marvelous time.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #17
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Hi.... Just arrived home from our first ralley. What can I say to explain our thanks to the wagonmasters and everyone who made the event what it was. Words just can not explain our thanks to you for all the work and dedication that resulted in everyone having such a good time. Since this was a first rally we where unsure what to expect. We enjoyed ourselves so much and felt sad leaving. Did the rally meet our expectations? It was over top! A special thanks to everyone who tried to get my WiFi going and to John who figured it out!! The tour of Gettysburg Battlefied was great. The tour guide was the best. Again... thanks so much for a great experience. Enjoyed meeting everyone, making new friends and look forward to seeing you another day, another place.......
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
silvermontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #5536
Paula & I had a great time. Lots to do.. Special thanks to the wagon masters. Excellent job. Each rally seems to get better. Looking forward to newt years rally
silvermontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #19
silvermontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #5536
Paula and & I had a great time. Special tahnks to the wagon masters. Great job. Every rally seems to get better. Looking forward to next year
silvermontana is offline   Reply With Quote