Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Washing machine capacity, water usage, cleanest ?

For those of you that have a washer & dryer in your Monty:

1. Could you please give me the brand/model you are using and whether stackable or an all in one?
2. Does yours run on 110 or not?
3. Is your dryer vented?
4. What is the holding capacity of the washing machine you are using (i.e. pounds and/or for example two pairs of mens jeans & two long-sleeve flannel shirts, etc.)?
5. How many gallons of water does your washing machine use for a complete wash cycle?
6. Does the washing machine without an agitator hold more/less clothes than one with an agitator?
7. Does your washing machine have an agitator in it? If not, do you feel the ones without actually do a better job at cleaning or not?
8. What is an approximate total time to wash and dry a load of clothing (based on the example given in #1).

TIA.

Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Wow A lot of good questions. I will try to answer most of them.
1. Majestic all in one.
2. It runs on 110 AC.
3. It is ventless.
4. Washes up to 11# of wet clothes and dries up to 5# of wet clothes.
5. Water usage, I do not know.
6. Cannot answer.
7. It is a front loader so no agitator. It does a very good job.
8. Depends on type of material in clothes, how much you washing and drying and which cycles you choose. Our drying time is from 30 min. to 90 minutes. Wash time is from 45 to 60 minutes. Just depends on what you select.
Hope this helps.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Splendide ventless. Love it. Wash time, 45 minutes, dry time depends on what is in there; jeans the longest, as much as two hours for 3-4 pairs. I just fill it up. Don't pay attention to exactly how much. Careful not to overload, lofty. Clothes incredibly clean. Uses very little soap and fabric softener.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
1. Could you please give me the brand/model you are using and whether stackable or an all in one?

Bendix (Splendide) all in one.

120V.

3. Is your dryer vented?

Unvented

4. What is the holding capacity of the washing machine you are using (i.e. pounds and/or for example two pairs of mens jeans & two long-sleeve flannel shirts, etc.)?

Complete queensize sheet set and pillow cases
or 2 pair of jeans and two shirts
or 4 pairs of shorts, tops and socks

5. How many gallons of water does your washing machine use for a complete wash cycle?

14 gallons for wash and dry (Water is used in dry cycle to condense water from clothing.)

6. Does the washing machine without an agitator hold more/less clothes than one with an agitator?
In our case less, but depends on the model you choose.

7. Does your washing machine have an agitator in it? If not, do you feel the ones without actually do a better job at cleaning or not?

Front loaders use less water, soap and softener and clean better than agitator.

8. What is an approximate total time to wash and dry a load of clothing (based on the example given in #1).

Probably 8# to 10#
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For those of you that have a washer & dryer in your Monty:

Crosley Conservator by Whirlpool. Apartment size. Stackable. Washer model=CEDC3925JQ0. Dryer model=CAWC529JQ0

2. Does yours run on 110 or not? 110v and can run both simultaneously.

3. Is your dryer vented? vented to external.

14 lbs if I recall. It holds a whole lot more than the Majestic stack we used to have. Three pair of jeans and a hand towel.

5. How many gallons of water does your washing machine use for a complete wash cycle? No idea.

6. Does the washing machine without an agitator hold more/less clothes than one with an agitator? Don't know. Ours has an agitator.

7. Does your washing machine have an agitator in it? If not, do you feel the ones without actually do a better job at cleaning or not? Has an agitator.

8. What is an approximate total time to wash and dry a load of clothing (based on the example given in #1). Same as the washer.

In this new Montana we ordered a new stack of Majestic washer/dryer. I know a lot of people really like that brand. They sure were good looking. But they held far less than our old Whirlpools and took far longer. We paid our dealer $100 to swap the Majestics out and install our Whirlpools from our tradein a few weeks after taking delivery on the new rig.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
TIA

Here are the specs for all of the Splendide models that answers all of your questions, including water use and dry time.

Combo units
http://www.splendide.com/compare_specs.htm

Stackables
http://www.splendide.com/Ariston_120V_Broch.pdf
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 AM   #7
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Great responses everyone and thank you so very much! Brad, as always, your the man! Thanks for the links. These will be great to compare. It helps also though to hear if people are happy with what they have and how they work in "real life" use.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
To add to Steve's response ... he just asked me how many jeans can go in a load, so I wasn't totally sure what he was getting at. I haven't really counted how much can go in one load, but the Crosley washer can hold a week's worth of underwear (even in the winter when Steve wears a t-shirt everyday). I'm one of those who does all the laundry on one day ... I just like to get it all done and forget about it for a week ... so the larger capacity of the Crosley over the Majestic works so much better for me.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:41 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We went with the Maytags after my searching for two weeks, wearing out sales people, and lurking around the Good Sam Forum.
As you may know, I went the 220 route on the dryer, as I wanted to make the 'on the road experience' as close to being at home, laundry wise as possible.
I remembered one miserable evening when we first hit the road, with our previous travel trailer, in a dump of a laundromat in some sleazy part of town, sitting on hard benches for an hour and a half, cluching the roll of quarters in my pocket wishing I was carrying my gun.
I knew then, we would someday have a nice set in our upcoming 5th wheel.
In my opinion, this is as nice as it gets, and as you can see, Sue is happy.........
Washer and dryer:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...&subcat=Dryers
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ingmachine.jpg
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:09 AM   #10
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
TIA,

Unfortunately I lack in real life info for you, as I don't have any. I'm shopping as well, and I'm glad you made this post so I can watch and gather info as well.

Happy shopping!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have the stack Kenmore. Apartment size
yes
3. Is your dryer vented?
yes
4. What is the holding capacity of the washing machine you are using (i.e. pounds and/or for example two pairs of mens jeans & two long-sleeve flannel shirts, etc.)? I can get 3 pairs jeans, 3 shirts and a few other small things.
5. How many gallons of water does your washing machine use for a complete wash cycle?don't know
6. Does the washing machine without an agitator hold more/less clothes than one with an agitator? do not know
Our machine does a very good job. Has a agitator
8. What is an approximate total time to wash and dry a load of clothing (based on the example given in #1). Not sure but am guessing 30 minutes or less for wash and 45 minutes or less to dry
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
We just had a camper world open here in Fountain CO last week end. We went and looked at wahers and got a Splendide What a deal with the sale and presidents club and other coupons saved $214.00. But I never saw a washer like this. I installed it sunday and leveled it and when on high spin shakes the things off the shelves low not to bad and it sure washes funny not like the one in the stick house. Is this normal do I need more supports under the frame.
Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bob,

You might get a better response if you open this as a new topic rather than re-opening this 6-month old one. That way you can be specific about you're question.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Wannabe, we have had the Splendide Combo, and it done what it was suppose to do and it was vented. We now have the Splendide Ariston stackable. The Ariston is great, DW says its awesome. You have so many more options with the Ariston and you can wash and dry at the same time. Someone posted the spects on the Splendide models. I highly recomend the Splendide Ariston stackable. Good Luck on your choice.....GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote