Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Trailer Brake and Prodigy Question

I have a 05 335rlbs. It has been towed about 350 miles so far. My friend and I adjusted the brakes today and decided that the best jacking point was on the bracket/point where the two springs and shackles are connected as this is a cast piece and goes directly to the chassis frame. We only raised the coach enough to get the tires free to rotate.

One tire seemed to need a good bit of adjustment to get it where it would only rotate about 1 turn when spun. THe other were very close to that already.
When I reconnected I went to adjust my prodigy to a point just before lock up. A point I have never been able to reach in the past no matter what setting or numerical number I set it to. Today was not different except that now if I set it too high or try it manually it will start braking and then the trailer brakes release and I get a LO reading or a SH. THis makes no sense as we did not touch any wiring. Further I have never seen those before. Also I cannot set my Prodigy level above about 6.8 or 6.9 with out getting that code. Whether manually or with truck brakes as well.
Many of you use prodigy and have a lot more experience that I do so I need some help as to how to interpret these codes and the actions to take or what. I cannot beleive the jack point nor the adjustment would cause these.
Thanks

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I have the Prodigy and have never experienced any kind of problem. I can set mine manually to level 6.3 at 13 Volts. When braking normally, it usually peaks at about 4.8. Braking is good. I feel the 5er brakes first and then the truck brakes. Sorry I can't address your exact problem. Possibly someone else can.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Bob and Carol,

I posted the links to the Prodigy tow card which describes one of the errors you are seeing in your post under "General Topics".

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
This makes me nervous. I am going to call the Prodigy manufacturer tomorrow and also the brake manufacturer.
I wonder since one wheel seemed well out of adjustment if bringing that into adjustment changed something and now I see this problem?
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote