Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
Florida, Long Key State Park

For you guys that need some eyes down here in Florida, we have done another review/write up of our latest adventure, and put it up on our site. It has alot of pictures so it may take a little while to load the page.

http://5thwheeladventures.com/longkey.html

This will be our last hoo-rah for a little bit as we are expecting our first here in October. So January will be our first trip after he is born.

Shoot me a PM here if you would like us to visit somewhere for you.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
OOOHHH, I want to shoot you guys! Long Key SP is one of our favorite parks in the system, and VERY hard to get into, and now you have gone and told EVERYONE!!!! It is only 30 amp, like most FLA SP's, and those hook up posts are a stretch, and the sand spurs are DEADLY, but a great spot!
Question I have is that they are supposedly closing the campground for construction and upgrades for most of the next year. When were you there? What did you hear about any of that?
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
We just got back last weekend! Sorry to let out your little secret! But judging on how far in advance ( 9 months) I had to book the trip... Id say the secret was already out!

We didnt hear anything about what they were going to do. I dont know what they are planning as they already have two very nice restroom/showers. The first one for sites 1 through 24 could be alot better but the last two are very nice.

Its a real bummer that they are going to be closed for so long. It has seemed to cause the rest of the state parks from Daytona down to the Keys to be booked up alot more. I was trying to book something for spring break, but everything on the east coast state park wise seems booked.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Just checked the web site. They are closing October 2nd, and do not have any idea when they will reopen. Considering the state budgets lately, I don't know how they can afford to do any work! I agree, the second and third bath houses are much nicer than the first one. We have found that over the last 5 or 6 years you really have to book a site at any of the better FSP's the full 11 months in advance.

Oh, and good luck with the little one!! Our "baby" just turned 32, and his brother just hit 35!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote