Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
Fluid Level Monitor

The monitor for the fresh water, battery voltage, and holding tank levels (which were only moderately accurate) has stopped reading anything in my Montana. If you have replaced yours, did you use an original or something different? I am not interested in changing any of the sensors on the holding tanks, just want to replace monitor panel so that it at least lights up for each of the sensors!

Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We haven't used the monitors since we have moved into our Big Sky. We dump the black tank once per week and the gray tank twice per week. Of course the second dump of the gray tank follows the weekly dump of the black tank. It took us about two weeks of use when we first got the rig to figure out what dumping schedule was best for us. Other than the battery monitor, the only time the gages were accurate was the day we bought the rig.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

If you don’t have any lights including the battery condition light I would think you should make sure you have power coming to the unit.

The system relies on the resistance between the probes and you would have to purchase the same panel that is installed to make it match the restores that are installed at the dry end of the probes.

My indicator has worked correctly on all except the black tank because we couldn’t get a drill in between the frame and the tank to install the probes in the black tank in the proper location.

When properly installed and with a cleaning with a chemical that removes soap scum when they become inaccurate the gray tanks work quite well. The only tank in our unit that had the probes installed properly was the potable water tank.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
My monitor appears to be just worn out. Some sensors will read, then not.read next time. Not the sensors fault, seems to be the master units soft touch buttons are worn out. Main use I have of the monitor is to check fresh tank levels, so we can potty and wash hands on the road. Prior to this trip, I would fill fresh tank about quarter to half full. This trip, filled it all the way to have plenty.
You are right, don't rely on the sensors, I do have a time system for it. But, I always like to know that everything works. Must be my Marine Corps and federal service background. Or just plain anal about it.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote