Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
LED Strip-Hiding the Wiring

I am planning the LED light strip install under the awning on my 3850FL. I am considering trying to conceal the feed wire under the vertical awning bracket, then routing it inside into the control panel housing. (That is where the power for the electric awning ends up) There is a cover plate that conceals the power feed to the awning. I am wondering if anyone knows how this cover plate is attached. I almost looks like a silicone glue of some kind. Is this all that secures it. I don't want to tear it off unless I can get it reinstalled after running the wire to the lights. I do have the RF controller so having the box inside of the trailer should not be an issue.

ChiefKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
It is supposed to be a snap in panel...but on mine the very bottom is stuck in the silicon adhesive they used to seal the hole after running power to the awning. I have been slowly working to free it from the adhesive so I can pull off the panel to clean behind it on occasion AND as it is now, the silicon also completely sealed the bottom so that water is standing in the channel which is not good. I have slowly pulled my cover off working down from the top and that is how I found out that it is a snap in and that it is also stuck at the bottom. The panel at the top of the awning arm mounting channel is the same thing...snap-in. You should be able to slowing work it out in the same manner to ease your fears. John
Old 07-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
Thanks John. I appreciate your answer.
ChiefKB is offline   Reply With Quote