Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi all I have been having the same problem. For a few weeks our Sealand is a little two years old. I turned the water off and diconnected the water valve and then took loose the stainless hose clamp. pulled off the bowl and took the seal off and cleaned off the dried lubricant. The only thing I shouldn't have done was unscrew the spring tension unit behind the water valve. It took 45 mins to give it a quarter of an inch of tension and rescrew it together. I then put vasaline on both side of the seal. Reinstalled the water vavle and bowl and stainless clamp. So far today it is holding water like the last two years.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #22
leenbeth
Established Member

M.O.C. #9934
Having the same leaky seal problem on our 2007 2955RL. Thanks to this forum I just talked to Shirley at Dometic ( Sealand ) and she is sending a new seal on Mon. She can be reached at 800-321-9886.
leenbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
This is our 4th Sealand(Dometic) toilet in 6 years. Purchased 4 trailers in those years. Our new Montana is only 6 weeks old from delivery & worst leaking( won't hold water ) we ever had. Called Sealand & they are sending a new seal. It might be because we bought a 08 that sat in the dealers lot for 2 years? Seems like the seal has no body to it, very flimsy.
We'll see what happens when the new seal comes.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:08 AM   #24
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
There is a very long list of RV links in the home page of the MOC under RV-related links. Sealand Technology is listed there and clicking on the link sends you to Dometic.

Click on "Home" above, then "RV-Related Links" on the Home Page, then go to the very bottom of the new page and Click on "Miscellaneous RV links". Many vendors are listed on this page. Sealand is listed alphabetically on the rightmost column.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #25
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
New seal from Dometic came today...it took about 10 minutes to change. It's an entirely different seal than what I had in there. Works Great Now! Holds water.....................

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #26
klash
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9399
I just helped a friend here in the park we are in who has SOB (a 2008 Cardinal) but with the same Sealand toilet as I have in our Montana. I told him about Dometic offering a new seal
kit for those who own rigs with Sealand toilets and who are post warranty. A new set is
on it's way. In the mean time he had to go to a local RV Dealer here in Yuma to buy a new
kit, came to $42 with taxes. His toilet had the old type seal which has a harder almost plastic type gasket. I helped him install the new seal kit, cleaned the ball and applied a bit of
silicone grease on the ball, and he now has a toilet that holds the water level where it
should be. Many thanks to the forum for the info which I got from reading these very
informative columns since we got our Monty in June of 2009.
klash is offline   Reply With Quote