Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Cedar Ridge CG, Montague, NJ

Pulled in today around 1430 hours (2:30 p.m. for the civilians)

We came in off of I-84 at Port Jervis.

Wow. There are some turns in Port Jervis that will make your hair rise up. If you are looking at the compass, on S. Maple St. you have to turn to 255 degrees, That's a left turn going slightly back over your right shoulder.

There is a little bit of a bumpy road on S. Maple for about a mile and a half and then it turns into River Rd, or NJ 521 heading W towards 206 and US 209.

The campground is on the left and it is the same type of turn as S. Maple to get into it and it is up a good incline. YOU CAN'T MAKE THE TURN. The Gate post is on the left as you look at the turn. TRUST ME, YOU CAN'T MAKE THE TURN in a Montana 3400 RL or anything as long. MH's with Toads can't make it. You need to go down to Wheeler Road and turn around. What I did was pull onto Wheeler (up hill left turn) then had DW on Cell Phone back me onto highway. Not much traffic at 2:00 in the afternoon. I didn't even have to back into the highway as there was enough room in the turning area of Wheeler Rd.

The road into the CG is narrow and at one point you must sound your horn on a blind sharp curve. Swing wide as there are rocks on both side.

Call the CG and ask about the dirt road that will get you in, instead of having to turn around if going west. CG owner said all the locals use it. If you are planing on going back to I-84 you will have to turn around again on Wheeler Rd. It's only about 1.5 miles out of the way.

The CG is "rustic," nothing fancy, but comfortable and quiet (So far) Only 30 Amp service and W/S and Cable. All grassy areas. I only had to put one 2x12 under one side for side to side leveling. I'm about an inch short on front to back, but for one night I'm not going to worry about it. I just used the front jacks to raise it up off the TV for the night

Pets are allowed.

Not a bad place for a one night stand.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Okay Wayne, I'm EXHAUSTED just reading about getting to the CG! Glad it meets your needs, but I think I will pass on this one! :-)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robin,
You are correct. It was exhausting getting to it. Lots and lots of tight turns, even in the CG. After getting set up, we took a walk around. It is to bad that there are a lot of "junk" trailers and cars in and around the area. It could be (should be) cleaned up and made a nice place. DW said it lacked in amenities. The owners were real nice and personable. The permanent residents look like they have been there 20 years (at least their trailers did).

I would not go back to it a second time. But hey! That's me.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote