Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Early morning in South padre

I am an early riser, a leftover trait from the Heating and cooling business, I assume. This morning as I was sitting outside on the patio the Sun wasn’t up yet, the Sea Gulls were squawking at each other, I was enjoying watching them and sipping my coffee.
I was facing the East, watching the Red orb of the Sun struggling to be seen through the Gulf of Mexico haze, I says to myself; “Hershel, lets ride the bike to the beach and snap a few pictures”
So, Hershel and I hopped on my bike and as I turned the handlebars, my front little carrying bag pressed the horn button on my canned air horn….I just shook my head. It WAS nice and quiet around the campsite. Sue was still asleep upstairs, she thought I was maybe honking for her, she got up, still groggy from sleep, tripped on the panel board the covers the sliding door gap to keep the cats out, fell partly down the stairs. Thank goodness she didn’t get hurt, just a few bruises.
I cause mayhem wherever I go, it seems. I probably will be forever remembered as the guy that backs down the street, gets stuck in his own campsite, and honks an air horn at 6ish in the morning.
Like Popeye said: “I yam what I yam”
I continued my ride the 2 blocks to the beach and snapped a few pictures of the beach, Sun and South Padre Island. It was so beautiful, the sounds of the Ocean, the ever present Seagulls and a few other early risers. There were a few large ships in the sea, they kind of look like cardboard cutouts way out on the horizon.
71 degrees this morning
Isla Blanca park is only around ¼ full this early in ‘Snowbird, or Winter Texas season’ all these sites will fill, and there will be a waiting list, with the overflow section full as well. The overflow area is on the beach, a parking area with no hook ups.
Isla Blanca Park
The sites here are occupied from one end of the scale
to the other. a man sleeping in his small truck for months at a time, an extension cord running to the TV, I assume.
Here is our humble abode: Ozz and Sue’s home

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ozz, it's ok to be what you are, we wouldn't have it any other way. HONK HONK !
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Are you staying at Isla Blanca park? Those pictures are beautiful.
Hope Sue is OK. It hurts to fall down steps, no matter how short or long they are!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Lonnie. Man, those canned horns are LOUD! I had to get one for the city traffic, they don't see motorcycles, let alone bikes.
Yes, Dusty, we are staying there, it's really nice here. Sue is doing fine, I saw her walking the trash bags down the street just now.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ozz,

That looks like a wonderful place, wish we were there...we just might be later.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Come down, we will bike the Island.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
thanks for sharing the pics. it looks like a beautiful place to be, and a peaceful place to hang out for the winter. glad you are ok, sue!
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz you are one lucky man. Wish we were there. Maybe some day. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Ozz,

Glad Sue is okay. As for the extremes of abodes, it is humbling, isn't it?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
On the way Dec 31. Leaves are falling like snow here in the woods. Pleae dont't eat all the shrimp. How much of that new development on the north end of the island have they got done?
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Old Turbo, starting from the South end, the boat launching ramp and dock is well underway here at Isla Blanca, they are improving the community center and adding some sort of structure by it. The twin hotel towers they were working on a few blocks up are progressing, looks to be the tallest on the Island. As for the North end, I haven't made it there yet, I biked up to the Wanna Wanna Beach Bar Sunday, about 5 miles, the Garcia's is the newest building that far up. I'll let you know on the other construction further North.
Ozz
Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
You ever get the feeling you're being watched?

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool! that is us. Somewhere down there.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 AM   #14
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
OZZ:
Thanks for sharing your winter retreat with us. Really enjoy your ventures and wish we could be there. It is to get down into the 20's here in northeast Iowa tonight. Had a flurry yesterday. Not a measureable amount. My daughter and her husband are watching over K.C. for you while you are gone. They live west of Shawnee about 4 or 5 miles. Hope Sue is feeling better after her tumble....Keep us posted on the next adventure that you and Hershel decide to take. We really enjoy them things just as if we were there...JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you Deadeye, I appreciate that.
We were hoping for a little of that cold front to come here, it's pretty toasty. I am waiting for a little cooler weather to start landscaping, being retired, I think I will sit in the shade and just think about it....
Ozz