Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Slideout awning

I've been cleaning the 5er too much lately. While cleaning the slideout awnings I noticed that the living room awning is sliding down the awning roller towards the rear of the trailer. This is causing two things to happen;

1. The awning is bunching up causing creases in the awning fabric.

2. A tear is starting where the awning attaches to the outside wall of the trailer.

Any idea how to slide it back into place? It seem to be tightly in place on the roller.

Dennis & Leona
http://tinypic.com/fxv09e.jpg
05 3295RK
05 F350 King Ranch, Long Box, Crew Cab, 4X4, PSD, 4 in. Exhaust, X-Monitor Guages
Reese 20K with Bed Saver

Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
lens
Established Member

M.O.C. #5869
I don't have a fix, I had the same thing happen to the dinnette awning and since I'm out of warranty, I just ordered a new one. I am going to put a screw in the end that doesn't have one as suggested by the service department at the dealer so it doesn't happen to the others.

Len & Donna
3685FL
2000 Dodge 3500
lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dennis, the awning is not properly mounted. It has slid a bit to one side is what I'm trying to say. We had the same thing and had a mobile service look at it. He fixed it for free (!). On the trailer end of the awning there should be a screw in each end securing it to the rig. Remove those screws an d slide the material sideways to get it straight. YOu might have to pull some off the roller then slowly roll it back on to get it straight. Replace the screws and it should be fixed. It is probably not as easy as it sounds. It's also possible yours has no screws holding it in place or maybe it's ripped from the screws. It should have the screws.

I'm glad to see you and Leona will be at the rally. We'll see you soon.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote