Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2008, 02:35 AM   #21
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jesse, Life is great, is it not????

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:27 AM   #22
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Noticed that the Sprint air card has not been mentioned. I went with it and have been very pleased with the coverage and performance. The price was right also, the day we got it we got and instant rebate equal to the cost of the card AND a military discount on the monthly connection charge. Cost about $50.00/month unlimited usage, the $55 initial setup charge was waived. Not to bad at all.

It is actually a Qualcom 3G CDMA
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #23
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Verizon aircard after owning a satellite dish. It is so nice to be able to drive down the road and have your naGivator give directions!

We just purchased a router from EVDOAlex at 3gstore.com for our Verizon express card.

Alex, thanks for the great service and expertise!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
If you have your router on in the trailer while traveling down the road, will the signal reach the lap top in the truck cab? (I guess that would require the router to be powered by 12 volts, probably not.) Would it work from an inverter? just curious.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #25
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yes OnMont, the inverter powered router will project to the truck cab depending on the quality of the router. EVDOalex can help explore needs. He knows equipment that is compatible with whatever aircard technology you are using.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #26
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

If you have your router on in the trailer while traveling down the road, will the signal reach the lap top in the truck cab? (I guess that would require the router to be powered by 12 volts, probably not.) Would it work from an inverter? just curious.
i have several RV customers who are doing exactly as you describe with great success.
Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Now, THAT is an intriguing idea. Thanks for asking that question, John. My thought was to put the router on an inverter in the truck. Leaving it in the Montana is even better.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Verizon does cover our stick house but we only have 1 or 2 bars on my cell phone. Thats what happens in the mountains. What kind of speed am I going to get if I dump my cable modem and go with the Cell modem?
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #29
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PowellsMonty

Verizon does cover our stick house but we only have 1 or 2 bars on my cell phone. Thats what happens in the mountains. What kind of speed am I going to get if I dump my cable modem and go with the Cell modem?
there are two different kinds of verizon networks. 1xrtt (slower) and EVDO (faster)

if you PM me your exact stick house address and zipcode, i can do research to see what is at your location.

if you want to see for self, check out:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...atorController

just make sure to turn ON the 'broadband' option, and then click refresh map after you already have your address showing. you want to be in blue!
Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote