Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Trailer Life article

Did anyone recieve the TL March issue yet? The action line has someone complaining of post powder beetles in a Sprinter by Keystone. Is Sprinter/Montana made in same factory?

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Nope, not that I am aware of. I believe only the different models of the Montana are in the same building. But since they have added the Big Sky back into the Inventory, it may be made at the same plant.

I think the Sprinters, and Cougars and the other TT are made in different plants. I Know the Raptor is made in a plant south of the Montana building.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Doesn't really matter if they're in the same factory as all the cupboard come from vendors. They're not made by Keystone.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I had the name of the cabinet maker but misplaced it, I believe they are not far away from the Keystone factory. Sounds like the cabinet makers had some kind of problem with there wood products in 2004.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Somewhere I seen that, I thought in this forum. So do a search. I think also someone post what to look for. Think it was a cabinet door back side. and was not finished on the inside. I am sure I read that finishing the wood stops them in there tracks.

I never have luck with search and am positive early last year or late 05 it was discussed and Montana replaced her doors.

ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Hmmmm, time for Raid's fumigator before the next trip, eh?
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by keham

Somewhere I seen that, I thought in this forum. So do a search. I think also someone post what to look for. Think it was a cabinet door back side. and was not finished on the inside. I am sure I read that finishing the wood stops them in there tracks.

I never have luck with search and am positive early last year or late 05 it was discussed and Montana replaced her doors.

ken
ken, you are dead on. Finish the backs of the cabinet doors and the problem is solved.
It was a problem in some the 04/05 models. I was fortunate to have an early 04 and was not effected.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #8
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
I find it interesting that on the initial contact from the customer, Keystone blew off the customer using "your warranty has expired" but they stepped up and paid for the replacement table when the customer went public. We do not know all the facts about how the customer approached Keystone initially but I would rather have read that they covered the table on first pass on a 3 year old trailer.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Not just an issue with Keystone (Sprinter); have seen a couple of posts on SOB web forums of late as well. Seems that the manufacturer got a bad load of wood and made products for a variety of manufacturers in that area.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote