Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #1
TDeakins
Established Member

M.O.C. #27981
50 Amp RV Power Cord Reel Not Working

My 50amp power cord reel came with the trailer and, from day one, did not seem to be up to the task of drawing in the power cord. Seems like a solution in search of a problem. I suppose it became tired of my cursing it and decided to quit altogether. Push the rocker switch and all it does is buzz. My preference would be to remove the reel and motor and use the cabinet to coil the cable in manually. Seems simple but my experience is that “simple” and RVs don’t naturally go together. I’m not sure it can be fixed and new units are expensive and, I would think, just setting me up to repeat this experience later. So, does anyone know how to remove the reel and not have to re-wrire the shore power interface?
TDeakins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power reel, shore power cord.