Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
Montana_2008
Established Member

M.O.C. #2008
GOOD SAM INSURANCE SUCKS

HAD WIRES BURN; ABOUT LOST MY TRAILER, GOOD SAM SAYS IT FACTORY FAULT. WHY PAY FOR INSURANCE IS IT WILL NOT PAY IT. WILL POST A LOT OF NEW POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT AS IT GOES ALONG WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Montana_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Did they burn by rubbing at an wall entry point? Many problems there, mtman1313, "Almost Lost My Montana", et al, lately. Keystone has stepped up to the plate on this. Might want to try them.

*On Edit~ I believe that prariepoodle's unit was out of warranty too. Could be wrong. I'd call Keystone anyway. They seem to have run into a rash of these wire fires recently. They might be quite willing to help you right now.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Something does not sound right. I have the information on Good Sam CSP in front of me..Did not get it because they were a high quote..howver..unless your unit is still under warranty CSP should pay..I would talk to another person at Good Sam...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #4
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
If your trailer is still under factory warranty none of these extended waranty companies will cover anything until the factory warranty runs out.This is the reason not to buy this extended warranty until your factory runs out.When you purchase the extended warranty at the time of the trailer purchase, the salesperson gets a cut, and the dealership gets a cut, and you just got something that you cant use until your factory warranty expires. The other bad thing about the warranty at the time of purchase is, you tied your hard earned money up for a year, and can get nothing out of it.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:08 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Although I am not sure the way my insurance works I think they would fix it and then go after anyone at fault such as the factory. What is the use of having insurance if it won't cover the loss.

At least that is the way they handle my car insurance.

I would also talk to your State's Attorney General's office about it. If you paid for this type of coverage then you should get it.

Bottom line, review the policy coverage with your legal rep. It should have something in there about product defects.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I had no problem getting a claim thru my insurance company (Drive RV). I guess not all insurance companies are equal.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I think the bottom line on a lot of these extended warrenties is you really have to read the FINE print.A lot of things you would think are covered are not.Or they will only cover a portion of the work.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 AM   #8
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
For every one that gets good service from extended warranty there is a hundred that don't.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by old turbo

If your trailer is still under factory warranty none of these extended warranty companies will cover anything until the factory warranty runs out.This is the reason not to buy this extended warranty until your factory runs out.When you purchase the extended warranty at the time of the trailer purchase, the salesperson gets a cut, and the dealership gets a cut, and you just got something that you cant use until your factory warranty expires. The other bad thing about the warranty at the time of purchase is, you tied your hard earned money up for a year, and can get nothing out of it.
This is very true a little research will lead you to the proper Warranty company We have the Good Sam CSP folder in front of us, have read the contract, have talked to the CSP folks by phone. There is something very wrong with the reply mtman1313 got from them UNLESS the unit was still under the manufactures warranty. We have NOT purchased the CSP and probaly will not because we think the price is to high for the coverage you get. He needs a second opinion///
Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 AM   #10
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We also had a wiring problem with our 02 MONTANA. Wires form the shore power connection ran over the drive gears on the slide out. Lots of sparks but no fires. Sounded like an arc welder in there. Took a while but Key Stone took care of it and we were way out of warranty.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We did purchase the CSP this year, so hope that if anything happens we are covered. We did review what is covered and what is not though, and hubby thought the price was in line for what is covered. Good luck in getting this matter resolved.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:53 AM   #12
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Leona's father had Good Sam auto insurance, after he died they put the truck in Leona's name. She had one fender bender no tickets, no other accidents, they paid to fix the truck and cancelled the policy.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The insurance company for Good Sam Auto insurance is GMAC. I had them once..they did the same thing,,never had a claim..had one they canceled.I questioned, they reinstated but raised the premiums by the exact same number as the claim..Coincidence they said...cancell it again I said.Such is life...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #14
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
One thing is certain--when an insurance company cancells, what ever the reason, your policy--it becomes more difficult to purchase a new policy.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #15
Montana_2008
Established Member

M.O.C. #2008
Talked to Keystone and they are going to fix it. Still the insurance should at least call me back' Keystone was great. Good Sam SUCKS
Montana_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #16
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
mtman
where was problem at and what caused it.

ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
Montana_5341

M.O.C. #5341
mtman, glad to hear that keystone once again backed what they sell.If your evey in elkins stop by revelles and look me up at site 151 in the yearly section.
Montana_5341 is offline   Reply With Quote