Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Even though the 5 gpm is enticing , I don't think you could get that through the water lines and when dry camping I sure don't want to be using that much water per minute. To get much more water you will need more pressure and these pumps don't adjust. I had no problem with the water volume but I did have a problem with the noise. I doubt I get much more than 5 gpm out of my lines at home. As for as getting more water out of the shower I would look at possibly installing a different shower head. My noise from the new pump is very faint when in the bedroom but I do sometimes have some noise behind the shower which I believe I can correct but I don't have any of the hammering that I had before. Good luck on whatever direction you go.

Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #22
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
I cut up an old rubber mouse pad and put a double layer under the feet of my pump. Added an accumulator in the water line from CW, (about $40.00), and put a piece of foam rubber between the water pump in the wall. This is all on a 2955RL. Made all the difference in the world noisewise, and the pump doesn't have to run every time you touch a faucet. Coach is 14 years old, and the original pump is still working fine.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #23
Clark Anklam
Established Member

M.O.C. #23192
Water pump noise

Several things I did to quiet the noise. Keep in my it will never go away completely. First I replaced the pump with a Shur-flo. Next, went to hardware store and bought a few water supply lines and added them to lesson the flopping pex lines. I then bought pipe insulation, the rubber-like black foam. This type dampens the noise better than the closed cell foam. I wrapped ALL the hoses and used wire ties to secure. After that I found some self adhesive foam sound dampening from McMaster Carr. This comes in 2x4 sheets. I installed this on the underside of the floor in areas where sound would vibrate upwards. Is it perfect? No, but it's a lot quieter! When wife uses the toilet at night the pump doesn't wake me anymore!
Clark Anklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
Jeff Upchurch
Established Member

M.O.C. #20631
Dead awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDCB View Post
Is there such a thing as a quiet water pump? Mine is loud enough to wake the dead!
I have a solution. Remount it off the floor.
Use some dense Foam insulation and contain the pump.with the Foam .
I'm going to refine my this spring and make it almost no detectable .
We have a new. 3720 RL. Built to our spec as we special ordered it. I ASK FOR SUCH A mod at factory. And no luck
Jeff Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #25
JamesD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10843
An accumulator and foam between the pump and floor makes a big difference.
The accumulator also keeps it from having to run as much.
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:10 PM   #26
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Be careful as some variable flow pumps won't work with accumulators.

And, think of a cheap air compressor. It may make 110 psi but it takes forever to get there because they have little cfm. Likewise, a water pump may reach 60 psi but not while flowing much water. In fact it may never reach adequate usable flow. That is why higher gpm is necessary even if not used at full capacity.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:19 AM   #27
Erikksen
Established Member

M.O.C. #21640
I already had the quiet lines on my high country but that Flojet was still loud. Tried a Lippert 3.x gallon and wore it out, it was just as loud. Pressure was a little low as it switched off at 45psi. I had to install an accumulator to help with the scalding in the shower when it kicked on and off. Then I put in a Shurflo. It is much quieter than either of the others. I’m sold. It also shuts off at 55psi so you get better delivery.
Erikksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #28
Jcavasso
Established Member

M.O.C. #22779
Do I need a kit to change a Flojet 03526-144 to a Shurflo Revolution 4008-101-E65?
Jcavasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #29
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I don't know the exact model number of my factory Flo-Jet pump but all I did was unscrew the four screws that was holding down the old pump and unscrew the inlet and outlet hoses and remove and reinstall new pump in reverse order.I installed the new water hoses which are called the quite kit so you would have to unscrew the hoses on both ends and install the new ones. Be sure to leave hoses coiled so as to help with vibration per instructions. This will take no more than an hour depending on how much junk you have to remove to get to the pump. I moved my pump over about an inch so as not to use the same holes when fastening down the pump. This is one of the easier projects you can do that makes a difference. Good Luck.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote