Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
Lynnz
Established Member

M.O.C. #17239
Dsi

The DSI red light was on when we're having our amperage problem, what does that mean? It is on the control panel?

Lynnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
DuneBuggyBuilder
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #15774
If you are referring to the red led to the side of the Propane Water Heater switch, it means the propane burner failed to light after three attempts. You can turn the Propane Water Heater switch off and try again. If it continues to fail to light, you have a larger problem. Either one of the solenoid coils has died, the control board is not functional, or ?. Since you have a 2015 take it to a dealer and have it fixed under warranty.
DuneBuggyBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:56 AM   #3
Lynnz
Established Member

M.O.C. #17239
No, it's above the indictaters in the control box, black, grey tanks etc., and it's right above the indicator light for the battery. One little red light, says DSI. The park changed out the electrical box on the pedestal and no more amperage problems! My husband said the DSI was on when we were having amperage problems. Went out when we plugged into different pedestal and wasn't on when we had the power restored at our site? TIA
Lynnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
If you don't see a dsi red led in between the two switches for electric and propane operatio then that is your indicator for a "direct spark ignition" fault on the water heater. If you are saying you have two of these fault lights, then I am puzzled as to what it could be for. The red led for the water heater will light when you turn on the propane switch and then the electronics will go through the sequence of turning on gas and doing sparks to ignite. It will do this several times until air is purged out of the line or the flame is on for long enough to heat up a conductor that tells the water heater that gas can stay on and maintain the flame...then the dsi light will go off. I have had times that it works first time and I have had times that it took several tries. Sometimes water vapor will make it sensitive for lighting, sometimes spiders and other small bugs like to inhabit the area and cause issues. Hope this helps you education-wise on the dsi design used in the water heaters that montana puts in our rigs. John