Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Rain, rain, rain,rain,rain and more rain

After three weeks in Key West it rained the last day there. We followed sailer (John and Sharon)back to Bonita Springs where it started to rain. We headed to Sarasota the next day, more rain (all the way). Two days in Sarasota, you guessed it, 48 hours more rain. In fact today here at beautiful Fort Chiswell RV park is the driest it has been since Bonita. It rained all the way to Kings Bay from Sarasota, and then the two days in Kings Bay. It rained all the way to Savannah, all night while there and all the next day as we made our way to Columbia SC. It rained last night while in Columbia and all the way up here to Chiswell. I had forgotten what blue sky looked like. But as soon as we got here it stopped and hasn't rained since. John Kohl is scared to death that we will bring the rain up to Byron NY for the NE Rally. (I wouldn't be at all suprised) I suppose that we needed it but I am starting to mildew. We hope to be in Byron by Tuesday without rain... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Don't you dare bring that rain to Byron! The weather has been beautiful here. Looking forward to saying thanks in person when you get here.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well Dave it quite raining today , 2 days ago we got 3 3/4" in 3 hrs we are still short of water,,
by the way the accident we waited for on 41 for 4 hrs was not in the paper or on tv so hes dead but then who cares ?????? i can't understand that to shut down a highway for 4 hrs and nothing on the news..
have a great time . i hope you got the pictures sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
So sorry for your misfortune with the weather Dave. I have had nothing but fair skies and wonderful weather, so keep yours West of where I am here at Quantico, VA.

Really, we have been so fortunate with not only the weather but the CG's we have stayed at. See! You should have traveled with Phil/Kathy and/or us.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dave, Did you ever think about the possibility of it only raining over top of you-- kind of like the cartoon with the guy that has all the bad luck! Are you guys going to be at the Fall rally? IF so PM or email me and I can bring some of the "oranges" from Nebraska with me!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Glad you didn't stop at our place in Ocala.. There has been up to 30 inches this week. The shuttle had to re-route to California. Our park is draining nicely but I'm sure the alligators will come in with all this water. Ugh///

The last four days in Colorado and Wyoming have been cold and rain but right now we are looking at a beautiful sunset in Cheyenne.... Cheer up. We needed the rain, just not all at one time.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Well I looked at the forecast for Byron and it calls for rain Tyesday and Wednesday. Hopefully they will be wrong.See you there!
Judi and Drew Nye
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I am going to make him stand under my sloping awning for bring the rain. LOL.
You all come.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote