Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Too Good to be true C2C membership?

I have never looked into any of the membership campgrounds because of the cost and so far I am not sure what our travel pattern will be. However this eBay C2C membership sounds really good and it is the first time I have heard about a cancellation clause. This seller has more memberships available at this price. Is it too good to be true.

Please use the "short link" process to post long links. Long links cause the page to be too wide. Thank you.
RVWheels, MOC Admin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

This was on the Escapee forum
"We purchased our C2C membership on eBay for $37 from kamp19. Our home park dues are frozen at $39/year and we can cancel our membership with 30 days notice. It's a great way to get started. Here is a current listing. At this price the advice to wait a year, hardly applies This seller treated us fairly. You can call him directly. You can also call the home park to verify all. Everything was on the up and up and we paid for our initial investment (including transfer fee, etc) during the first 3 weeks of use. C2C has a fully automated online reservation system, which in our experience, has worked extremely well. This system avoids any problems when arriving at the park eg, no space available."

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It does sound to good to be true.. Check into it in depth.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Looking through the feedback for this guy, it seems that the memberships are on the up and up. He had a couple of negatives though!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. We are at a a Rally that s selling C2C but in our case it wouldn't fit into our travels more then maybe once in four to five years. I do know a lot of full timers that are ery happy with the locations so be sure it fits what you want to do instead of going where they want you to go.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Okay,

I'll admit it. I purchased in a membership to 1000Trails when we started getting more serious about trailering and friends and family also joined and camping in their facilities is FREE. The limitation is that one was allowed to camp for maximum of three weeks at a 1000Trails facility and then must leave for three weeks to a non-1000 trails campground prior to returning. For full-timers it meant that every 3 weeks they had to pay for somewhere else prior to returning. Since then we upgraded to their Platinum program that would allow us not have to go to a non-1000 trails campground, but one could "stay within the system" but must still go to another 1000 Trails campground. Full-timers signed up for this because there are several West Coast and East Coast facilities that members could cycle through. Unfortunately the Central US does not have many 1000 Trail campgrounds.

We did not shop for the membership and paid a bit for it (not full price, but heavily discounted). It was better for the salesmans get something rather than nothing.

Then I retired and while we don't fulltime, we go to there CGs all the time. The friends and relatives are not retired so they join us when they can (weekends, holidays and vacations). 1000Trails has locations near Mexico, San Diego, L.A. Yosemite, Napa Valley, the Oregon coast and its interior and a few sites in Washington state. We have also been to the one outside San Antonio (where I was born and we use to visit many relatives) and to the ones in Florida (there's one in Orlando). We don't have to use a trailer each time because they also have rental trailers, cabins or other abodes that rent for extra.

Wow, now I sound like a salesman. So here's the bad news: While their locations are close to the many places I mentioned, they are not THAT close. And I would not call the campgrounds some of the most beautiful. Since 1000Trails is mostly owner operated they keep the grounds nice, but not OUTSTANDING. But the CGs are safe and friendly and being all owners, all are very friendly.

I have seen 1000Trails memberships available for sale from unfortunate souls who purchased and then found they could not use them as often as the thought and now have owner's remorse. Our memberships are paid for so we don't worry about it. I'll now also mention that there are maintenance dues every year to help with the upkeep. But for us, it's a one time inconvenience and is easily "returned" when we use the sites.

Memberships are not for everybody and now I understand there are many others. Treat them as timeshare property and are only good if you take advantage of it. If you purchase a membership for only the one occasion that might arise that they offer, then I recommend you might want to think about it a little longer.

Regards,
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
We have been C2C members for 10 years and do not regret the purchase-However, we have a unique membership in that we have no yearly home park dues - We pay our annual C2C fee and buy our points for use at C2C parks- We also pay when we stay at our home park which is a rare occurence because it is not convenient to stay there- Good luck on your decision and happy trails to all- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Looks like this guy is a broker selling previously owned memberships. In the description he states that there is a transfer fee. You can find several sites on the internet that list memberships for sale/transfer with many similar to what this guy is offering. Just like in any transaction prices vary by location, motivation to sell, availability of buyers (supply and demand) and what is include in the package. With a little research deals on previously owned memberships can be found. As with any purchase of this type research, like checking the membership number you are buying with the company (i.e. Cost to Cost, Thousand Trails, etc.) should be done to verify the validity and transferability of the membership.

I have looked into several memberships, both new and ones for resale. We found that for us we would not get enough benefit from them to justify the cost.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote