Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The Real Air Force One - A Close Look

I received the below email and submit it with slight modification:
(Note: This is not about politics, but about the way our President, any President, get's around.
===============
[quote]I recommend this video if you would like to see what the real Air Force One looks like on the inside. Chris Wallace of Fox News takes you on an 11 minute tour of the inside of the plane with the Air Force colonel who flies the plane serving as the guide. It is hard to imagine how much room there is inside this huge plane. You even get to see the beds where President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush sleep.

Air Force One THIS IS NOT THE PREVIOUS DEPICTION OF AIR FORCE 1 THAT WAS CIRCULATED AT THE END OF THE ELECTION.

This is the real version. Contains things you have probably never knew or seen. Quite impressive

[end quote](Apparently Removed By YouTube)

Here is another one.

Also, here is a 5 part on Air Force One - look at the side bar for the other 4 parts.

=========

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
That is very informative Wayne, thanks for sharing. I have a friend in PA that was assigned to AF1 a few years ago, and he loved every minute of it.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Thanks Wayne for the post on AF1. Really informative and enjoyable. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thanks...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Thanks Wayne, neat to see. If you are ever near Wright Patterson AFB in Fairborn Ohio, stop by the museum to see the retired Air Force Ones on display. I've been in a few service museums and this is one of the most complete and informative that I've seen. You can walk thru the ones on display and the older ones had no room for comfort if you ask me!
I-70 mid Ohio around the 45 mile marker, not sure exact exit number, but will be close.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I was station at the White House for 15 year, Retired prior to Clinton and have flown on the last Air Force one and Air Force 2. I am hear to tell you it was a experience and you can get spoiled very fast. The first time and only time I have been on a Plane, it didn't not take long to remembered how much easier it was to fly on AF-1. No waiting and lines and didn't have to wait to land. The Crews on those planes are awesome and are very professional. They also have AF-1 at President Reagan library in Cal. Hope to go there in the near future, we were on our way there in Jan 07 and had made it to Arizona but had to return to Tennessee due to a family illness. Thanks Wayne, I had seen the Chris Wallace story on Fox news, Fox New is on most of the time here. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
A nice and informative video!
I visited one of the former Air Force One planes, the one at Wright Patterson AFB once; went through it and the luxury that was on that plane didn’t compare to the comforts of our Monty’s IMHO!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Thanks Wayne. That was really cool. I work for the company that supplies and maintains the phones so it was pretty neat to see that.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 AM   #9
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Very cool! We toured all of the former Pres. aircraft on display at Wright-Patt. after the NE Rally in June. What a treat, especially for me, the son of a WWII Army Air Corps pilot! Neighbor and friend up the street is on the Secret Service Pres. Personal Detail, currently. Special duty w/special responsibilities, as the video portrays. Thanks, again.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Of Course any airplane the President is on uses the Call sign Air force one. The present 747's are tail number 2800 and tail number 2900. Identical 747's and the one the president is on is air force one. The 707's were tail number 2600..the one that carried President Kennedy to Dallas and Tail number 2700. I think 2700 is the one in California. These guys were a big hassle when they drove through our FAA Center air space. Air force two would indicate the the Vice President is aboard. It could still be any one of the aircraft. The call sign indicates who is aboard...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #11
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We who have been there and done that know that we can't say certain things about the Presidential forms of Transpotation. There are many things that are being done to protect our President that we don't have a need to know. As Military who work at the WH are brief and debriefed on security of POTUS. You really never know what mode of Transportation the Commander in Chief is using or were he is located, during movements. Our Secret Service is the best, and they have a very serious job to do and they do it well. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:55 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If the president is in a Army aircraft the call sign is Army one and when in the Marine Helo the call sign is Marine one. This is all common knowledge and can be googled by anyone.. If the airplane is in the air without the presidents aboard the call sign is the tail number, again all common Knowledge available to anyone.(not that I think that is a good idea) The registration number, aka tail number, is normally the call sign for General aviation aircraft.. It is interesting that when President Nixon was being flown to California after his resignation he was aboard Air force one but the instant the new president was sworn in the airplane became SAM 2600 (Special air mission). Helen had occasion to be in the Control Tower when AF one landed at the airport and I at the center when AF-1 landed or passed through our airspace. The Secret Service guys are very professional..These guys mean business..
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #13
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
I tried the link. YouTube shows that the video is "Private".
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Having worked in secured situations including British security for Prince Charles and Lady Diana and South African security for Nelson Mandela, I can assert that they all take their business very seriously!
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Having been on security details for 3 Presidents I can assure you that the "Inner Circle" is ALL business. Those that are right around the President are very dedicated people. I was once assigned to the Secret Service Sniper Detail..now those guys are armed and ready.
It was surreal being armed and within 8 ft. of the most powerful person in the world. Every move the President makes is detailed to the minute. Any variation and the Secret Service gets nervous. I'm glad that I don't have to do those things anymore.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Video locked up!
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Edited first post. The first link has been removed, or whatever, by YouTube.
The new links were found by going to YouTube and searching on the words:

Air Force One

There are a lot more videos out there on this subject.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you look closely on a newscast covering the president leaving, You may note that both 747's are there. It is not known which one is going to be AF-1 till the president boards.Another security measure. Secret service guys would be in the tower when AF-1 was coming into Cleveland. They are always really, really, on the job.Pay attention to the tail numbers and that will tell your which one is being used.