Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Loose Ceiling

I pulled out of P.C. Fla. yesterday, stopped in Hommassa Springs, Fla. last night. I noticed the ceiling at the door, some nails are exposed and the ceiling seems loose. I have not pulled this unit but 5 times since I purchased it. Hope it is not something severe, but I will have to make a stop somewhere to have it checked.
Has anyone experienced any problems such as this?

rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
2Seekers
Established Member

M.O.C. #4341
I noticed a similar problem last week while at Gulf Shores, AL. Several nails have backed out about halfway on the strip that covers the joints in the ceiling. Seems to only be the strip nearest the steps to the bedroom. Also, only about a one foot long section directly in front of the steps.

I noticed that we both have the same model and year - probably coincidence.
2Seekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Mine backed out in the center of the paneling, not on the strip. I want a dealer to look at it, if it becomes a problem I want a record of the problem. I did not pull but 6 hours, and the roads were not that bad.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Good morning, I am sitting on the lot at RV Connections in Panama City, Fla. My ceiling is a problem that no one seems to want to fix. It is either not easy to fix or they do not know how to properly fix it. I stopped at Tri-Am RV Sales in Ocala, Fla. to have them look at it, they did not want to do anything at first, the nails will not hold the ceiling up due to not being glued to the rafters. They hammered the nails flush, but they are not holding. They tried staples, this did not work, they said call the factory.
Called customer service, spoke with "Denny Marsh". He said that the nails backing out were normal adjustment and the warranty for this was 90 days. I explained that the only time I moved my unit in 90 days was from the dealer to my lot in the mountains. It sat there for the first 5 months.
I can not believe that customer service has gotten so lousy and they do not want to warrant these type of things. My dealer is going to look at it but I do not know what the outcome will be. I have owned this unit 1 year this month.
I had to drive 200 miles out of my way to come here and everyone acts like they are doing me a favor to look at it and come up with a possible solution. This is my second Montana, but what the next unit will be is getting suspect.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I sure hope someone will be able to fix this. I would call Keystone again and again till they do something about it. Does not seem right, I thought everything was covered for one full year? Please let us know what happens.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 AM   #6
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
What happened to a 1 year warranty I don't buy their 90 days sounds like you are in the beginning stages of a run around to get a problem fixed that should be covered, Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #7
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Good news for me, my dealer came through for me. They clearly recognized the defective, poor workmanship from the factory. They took care of me, installed screws to pull the ceiling panel back up and secure. They also installed screws in all the other panels so the repair is uniform and has the same look. I am happy that the my dealer is trustworthy and stands behind their word. If not for them, I would be ready to find another RV. They also will not be reimbursed for any of their work from Keystone.
I cannot believe the attitude of Keystone's customer service. I will be sure to advise all people who I talk with about the treatment to me and others on this forum. We do not ask for the problems we recieve, we ask for good products that we pay for with our hard earned money. This will definitely make me more suspect when I buy my next unit, and this is my second Montana.