Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 AM   #1
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
RBW LiL Rocker

I have an opportunity to pick up a used (like new)RBW Lil Rocker hitch and was wondering if anyone has used one and if they had any problems etc. The price is a real bargain! I looked back and see that Steve had one for awhile but not much more info than that. I currently have a 15K straight hitch that works great but would like the side pivot to take some of the stress off the pin box and hitch.

Also does anyone know if my Reese rails will work and if they are all standard dimensions. I don't want to have to move my rails.

Have been looking at other hitch upgrade options but they are expensive and I can get into this one for less than $200.

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
to bad your not on the east coast. We have a
Reese 20k for sale for 250.00.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren VA
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
drhowell

I have a RBW Lil Rocker hitch and I haven't had any problems with it. The things I would check out is the plastic or neoprene bushings under the head which lock the side pivot. If Steve has had one, he might add more suggestion's. Just my two cents worth. Happy Camping Larry & LaVonne
Old 07-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We have an RBW but rebuilt it to rock in all directions (4) and made a slider out of it. Havent had to use the slide part with the Montana but did with the old other brand. Operates with an actuator pulling pins controlled from cab. 25,000 miles with no probs except loose bolts. Changed to lock nuts and have had no probs since. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I have one and have had no problems with it to date. We have had it for nearly 10 years. It isn't the 4 way tilt one but we camp in pretty level spots and don't really have a need for the 4 way tilt just yet. Maybe if this one ever has problems we would replace it with a 4 way tilt. I have replaced the rails once last fall whe I got a new truck. But the rest of the hitch has held up real well. I oil everything 2-3 times a year.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:43 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I tow with one and I think it's great. When that bar slams shut I know I'm locked in. I know they give great service. If you ever have a problem or questions they are super to talk too. They are easy to take apart and oil up too for that once a year maintenance.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't really have much to add to what Larry and the others have already said. I liked the Lil Rocker but when we went to a Montana ours was rated high enough so we had the dealer swap it out for the Reese. When we had ours I used to pin it into 2-way, no rocking, while on the road and unpin it when needed to unhitch on unlevel ground. If I were doing it again I'd leave it in 4-way all the time, to reduce stress on the hitch, pinbox, and attaching points. As far as I'm concerned the Lil Rocker is a very good hitch.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:51 AM   #8
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Thanks for all the feedback! I am going to take a good look at the hitch this week when I am in the area (100 miles south) to make sure it is as represented and check the measurements to make sure it will fit my existing Reese rails. I don't want to have to relocate them. I contacted the Lil Rocker manufacturer and he said they are interchangable but the measurements I received from the person selling the hitch are 2 inches shorter in both directions? Could be where they took the measurements?

Thanks for all the help!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When the dealer replaced my Lil Rocker with the Reese he could not use the Lil Rocker rails. So I'd be surprised if the Reese rails will work for the Lil Rocker. However, there are a few extra holes in the rails so maybe it will work.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote