Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Hope we hear from Palebluedot soon

That's all. Just hope they are OK. I could not tell by the last post if the were leaving and to where.

Does anyone have any info?

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:18 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Also hoping to hear from palebluedot....Laurel was right in the path, hope his home is OK.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:29 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
We too are wondering about palebluedot,just praying that they are safe.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We are also worried. I will put them in my prayers.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hey gang, any one hear from SPH77?? Steve and Ellie?? go look at this link from our own MOC

http://montanaadministrator.forumco....C_ID~10802.asp

Which says they will be going from New Orleans to Texas and points beyond.

Surely hope they are OK too!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:19 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bill and his DW were the very first MOCers we met and I hate the fact that we have no idea how they are doing. We are hoping and praying that they are OK.

Carol,
Steve and Ellie (aka SPH77) were talking about going thru New Orleans this fall. I would guess those plans are being changed as we speak.
Was that one of your Yorkies that just barked???? Could have sworn I heard something.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:37 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We are praying very hard here for palebluedot and all MOC members in the area of Katrina. Even the yorkies are barking their prayers, must have been what you heard, Glenn. Amazing how you can hear it over the internet! Must be proof of the strength of prayers, from man and yorkies both.

Not to make light of this very serious and scary situation. The prayers are serious and ongoing. We keep checking the MOC hoping the next post will be from palebluedot!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:00 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OK, over concern for palebluedot and others, I decided to use the internet a bit and do a little snooping. First I looked at his profile, and reminded myself of his home town and the fact that he works for Telcom (interent and other tech services in the area from what I can tell)

I typed in Laurel Mississippi newspaper and found that I have to be a member to read more than the home page, not up to that frustration at the moment, I went back to my search and typed in Hattiesburg Mississippi newspaper and went here:

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/a...ategory=NEWS01

If you search around on their web site, which requires NO sign in procedure, you will find a long list of people trying to find others. There are also photos of Hattiesburg, and news stories, talking about 2 weeks before power coming back, even a story about Telcom. They let you read a lot of stories from past issues, I spent only a few moments, but you can find articles from August 30th, by DATE. Snoop around a bit.

The photos look bad in this area, but after looking at some of the stuff they have been showing on national tv, these don't look quite as bad, and give me hope that Bill is just working hard but has no interent access and maybe no power.

Continued prayers for those affected by this monster storm.

Checking the Jackson Mississippi papers found this:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...0110/509020339

which lists the damage to areas of Mississippi, Laurel is not included in this list.

ONE more link, there is some data here on Laurel conditions, it is a forum like MOC, many postings, people asking for information and others offering up any tidbit of data they have heard, specially from people in Laurel. OK, the link does not seem to work, so go to:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

and look for "Discuss Hurricane Katrina in our User Forums"

Old 09-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, the member list shows last post by SPH77 was on 9/1, just two days ago. So they're probably out of range?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
That is good to know Steve, when I read that post about them doing NO, I got concerned.