Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Those who drive exclusively in the left hand lane on freeways or long highways. I love those states that have posted signs sayin, "Left lane for passing only."

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #22
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Here's one for you. We were driving on Highway 8 going from Yuma to San Diego and a fellow passed us READING a book! He had it resting on the top of the steering wheel. And as I mentioned, he passed us. We couldn't believe it. He wasn't texting, he was reading text.
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I guess I would have to say my pet peeve is the way folks seem to slow down when entering the highway instead of speeding up and merging. I know some entryways are short and some people are afraid to speed up, BUT, it sure makes for a hazardous situation. I am used to the red light runners as we had plenty of them in Alaska. What FOOLS!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
There's a funny story about a guy who drove through a traffic light and saw the camera flash but he knew he didn't run a red light so just for kicks he did it again, slower and decided to put his grinning face out of the window. he did it one more time real slow and there was another flash. One week later he got three tickets in the mail for not having his seat belt on. We have the red light cameras here in Palm Bay and you should hear the hooting and hollering. The camera takes a picture of the license plate, the lame excuse is, "how do they know who is driving the car", I guess my response is that the car owner better know who is driving.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #25
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Not a pet peeve in a true sense but wondering if a new trend is coming -- passed a truck on I-70 this past Sunday - he was doing about 45 - 50 mph and had his 4 way flashers on. When I came up on him I noticed a rather large 'bumper sticker' on the lower part of his tailgate -- "Turn Signals Always On - I'm Turning Somewhere Shortly!'.

Now that I think about it, and the post above about the 'Florida eventual turn', it all makes more sense ( LOL )....
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote