Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Black Bear Cubs

I took my girlfriend down to Rhinelander today to the airport and on the way down, I noticed that traffic in the other direction had stopped (the highway is only two land) and I saw what I thought was a large black dog in the road. Because we are so rural, there are a lot of drop offs of animals and I am so raw after Murphy that I was afraid that it was a drop off. (My heart wouldn't have been able to take it). It turned out to be a gift from the powers that be: two black bear cubs that weren't sure whether to cross the road or go back in the meadow where they came from. All traffic had stopped waiting for these two little munchkins to decide what they were going to do. I pulled way over on the side of the road and had stopped way back as I didn't want Mama coming out to see what all the ruckus was. She never appeared and the two little ones decided to hightail it back into the meadow that they had come out of. What a TREAT!!!

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I'm betting it was a Hodag.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote