Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Customers

Google customers; You will find; “Customers Suck!”, “Customers Rock!” and everything in-between.
Customers are our reason for being in business, whether they buy, or use our services or not, when we encounter them, they still classify as our customer.
A customer who does not even buy, or use our services, can be our best advocate, our worst critic, depending on their feeling, or experience with us.
I love my service business, can’t imagine a working life of not meeting new people, and doing business first-hand with them. It has not always been a pleasant experience, not at all.
The times when it has been pleasant, and rewarding, far outweighs the bad.
Recently I had a call where there were a few problems, only one was A/C related. I swiftly diagnosed the reason for my service call, and was happy to fix a problem that was not on the call list, for my new customer.
This lady was overwhelmed with what bad things life had dished out to her, in the recent month’s. Far too many unpleasant things for one person to bear. She broke down and told me she couldn’t deal with life anymore and thought of just ending it all. It was the first time I had a lady break down and hug me, sobbing, her feeling of helplessness tugging at my heart. My mind was racing, I wanted to say the right thing, something to help her. She was apologizing, saying that she never breaks down like this. I told her it was good for her to let it out, and good to talk about it.
I could think about little else driving away, I wanted to turn back and sit with her, but my calls were stacking up. I called my sweet Sue and asked her to arrange a delivery of flowers to her. Sue never wavers in her support and trust in me, she knows I will sit with her and talk about my day when I‘m ready.
Remember that our customers are not just business, they have feelings, emotions, tough times. They may not always be right, like the saying, but they should be respected and treated well.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Hi Ozz!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Ozz, thanks for the reminder that a little time spent with someone else can make a huge difference in their day and/or life.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Hey Ozz!!!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ozz should teach the class!! How to treat our customers!

Now, there my young man, could be your fortune!

Nice job, nice thing you did!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Every so often there's a feel good story that you encounter that just makes you stop and think to remind you not to sweat the small stuff. This is one of those stories.

Have a great day, Ozz.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
How awfully sweet of you to think of doing that for her. But then I am not surprised at your graciousness, Ozz and I've only met you once. And Sue is just as caring. Just totally awesome. So maybe we should make this "do something nice for a stranger day" in honor of Ozz. Sometimes just a smile will do it!
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Ozz,
You're absolutely right about the way to treat customers. They are our bread and butter. When I brought my business to North Carolina from California 11 years ago, I knew nobody here and started from scratch. By treating people right, I built my business on word of mouth and customer referrals. I have never advertised in all the time I've been here. I don't need to. Treat people right and it will come back to you tenfold.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz that was a great thing to do with the flowers. Glad you took the time with her. There are a lot of people in this world carrying a heavy load.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Way to go my friend! People are often too pressed to just get it done and move on...it's so nice to make a difference. That's what people remember and it feels so good.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think after this morning, I wanted to come back 'home' here on the MOC, kind of made me miss all my true friends I have met, and communicated with here.
Good to hear from all of you.
Stay safe out there.
Jim Your Ozz.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz it sure is good to hear from you. glad you are doing good. great job with the flowers.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #13
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Softie.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Well said Ozz. My Dad taught me that a long time ago. I used that same attitude at work My supervisors didn't always approve, but, I always felt better and think I served the public better. Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
Lawman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7940
Very nice gesture with the flowers, she'll love them.

Re the service business...I have an old friend who is a retired orthopedic surgeon...he used to say his 'business' would be a lot easier if it wasn't for all the patients bothering him!
Lawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, you are truly a nice guy and your gesture probably meant more to that lady than you will ever know.

For those not already aware, our "home park" is about 20 miles from Jim's and Sue's home. Three years ago tomorrow we tood delivery of this new Montana and had posted about that. On that day, a pickup pulled up and there was Jim and Sue. We'd never met but they brought us a bottle of champagne. They stayed only a very short while so not to interrupt our move, but we made arrangement to go to their home. We'd like to think they have become good friends. We had lunch with them just a few weeks ago. Jim and Sue are truly nice people.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
"Jim and Sue are truly nice people."
We agree wholeheartedly!
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #18
Old GI