Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Update: Online shopping at etrailer.com...

Have you shopped at etrailer.com?

What was your experience like, ...good, bad, or indifferent?

Thanks for your input.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I've bought a couple things from them. They have some good deals if you watch their specials.

One thing you can do when dealing with an online provider you are not familiar with is to Google their name +reviews and you should see some websites that offer feedback from others. For example etrailer +reviews returned a link to here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eTrailer

They rated 6.39 out of 10 for the last 6 months - but in their defense, not that many people (9) have rated them. That in itself tells me that if they were giving poor service, you would see a lot more people leaving negative reviews.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

Yes, I did that, but was concerned about the mix of positive and negative feedback. Figured that I would try to get some reviews from fellow MOCers before I part with my $700-$800. They have the same product for $100 less than Tweety's (who I have been happy dealing with), but, 100 clams off is a 12.5% difference. Just trying to weigh the risks.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
KT, I've bought 2 hitches from e-trailer. Very happy with them. It could take 10 days for delivery on the west coast. I'll buy from them again if I need something. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
You might ask Tweety's to price match. As I recall they do that. I have had excellent service from Tweety's
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
I've bought a couple of items from e-trailer at different times. In one case they sent a left side anti-sway instead of the right side (for my SOB tow-behind that I later traded). A quick call and the error was corrected quickly. I've been satisfied, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

Well, after perusing a different vendors website and talking on the phone with the guy, who actually seems to know about the product and what he is talking about, I switched gears completely!

I ordered a 5th Airborne pin box from Don of Cal Hitch at olbeasthitch.com. The transaction has gone smoothly with great communication before, during, and after the ordering. So, we will see if it shows up on my doorstep sometime next week, and if so, what kind of condition it arrives in. Here's keeping my fingers crossed! So far, my "Spider Sense" for complications has not been triggered.

It is complete with the new air fitting upgrade that you access from the side of the box, instead of from underneath. Incidentally, I believe that if you own an older 5th Airborne with the valve stem underneath, you can contact 5th Airborne and have them send you the upgrade kit for free, so you can make it a whole lot easier to air up.

For those that are curious, the 5th Airborne #5AB-S500-700 pin box was $685 with free shipping from Cal Hitch. ($795 MSRP +$95 shipping ($890 total) direct from 5th Airborne, and $790 with free shipping from Tweety's)

Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
tspoon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8973
I also ordered from cal hitch 5th airbourne. The truck company lost a box off off the crate.
I called cal hitch and they sent me the missing part right away.
They have the lowest prices and best service.
tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #9
azleflyer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9140
I have purchased items from Etrailer several times without incident and will continue to order from them in the future.
azleflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

Update:

Well, the 5th Airborne pin box that I purchased from Cal Hitch arrived today, and all is well. It came packaged better than I expected, in a box, on a pallet, with no shipping damage. Now, all I have to do is get some new grade 5 bolts, nuts, and lock washers for the install. Yippee!

Two thumbs up for Don and Cal Hitch/olbeasthitch.com, great price, communication, and follow through.

Oh! ...and thanks for the info on etrailer.com, it sounds like they have been OK for some folks here, but I was still concerned about their low customer review rating. I will keep tabs on them, and may use them in the future if their rating improves. Until then, I suppose that I will deal mostly with Tweety's. Now that I know they have a price matching policy (didn't realize that before I ordered from Cal Hitch), I will always consider them first, as I have been happy with them in the past.