Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
$2700 mouse trap.

Or: I hate them meeses to pieces.....
I rebuilt this cooler a couple of month's ago, the customer called me and said, "Hey you said this cooler was OK to rebuild, it quit on me" I told him I would stand behind my work.
Not my fault, bill the exterminator my $105.00 service call.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13...eat=directlink

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Couldn't tell by the pictures, did he stop the fan or eat the wires? Used to encounter this regularly on the ranches that had walk in coolers and freezers.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Oh, I should have said, his mouse head got squished between the shroud and the fan blade.
Yes, it is a common problem for the critters to gravitate to the kitchens.
I took care of an Italian eatery many years ago, a 100 plus year old building, in the basement, they had goats in stalls they would milk. The rats down there were big as cats. I hated to go down there, still think about it and shudder.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Ozz, my daughter had a similar problem not long ago. Luckily, it wasn't expensive to fix. One morning when she was frying bacon, she walked over to the counter to get a paper towel, and when she turned back toward the range, she thought she saw something taking off with a strip of bacon in its mouth. She counted the strips, and sure enough, she had only 5 instead of the 6 that had been there when she turned to get the towel. As she was staring at the bacon and trying to figure out what had happened, the culprit was caught coming back for more bacon:
Disgusting! Out went the bacon and in came the rubber hammer. Bye-bye, mousie. Bye-bye range. (She was getting a new one that week anyway.) Mice are a way of life in Montana, but that doesn't make them any easier to live with, especially because we've had several cases of hanta virus in our county, including one fatality. Deer mice are cute but deadly. Oh, yes, the mouse got hammered. And then, the Lysol, Clorox, and other disinfectants came out for what turned into a full day of mouse hunting and cleaning in the kitchen.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
rotten little rats!!! They ate my new leather recliners and insurance won't cover!! We have the mouse traps out now just waiting for them to even try coming back into the Casa!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote