Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Cabinet Dropped!

I have a 2003 3670RL Montana and noticed that the back of my built-in "dresser" counter in the upstairs, passenger side has dropped about 1 inch. I can't find any other movement in that portion of the trailer. Consequently, my dresser drawers are "cocked" and need adjusting on their drawer sliders. I am about to try and fix it but was wondering if any of the other members have had such a problem? The frame doesn't seem to be damaged. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Art, others will be along to give you an expert opinion, but I think this is the old frame problem. It requires major repair which is covered by Keystone because they know it is a manufacturing problem. Contact Keystone and/or your dealer. It needs to be fix. The movement of the cabinet is only a surface symptom.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I agree with Judy, fixing the obvious, the cabinet will not fix the problem. Good luck, Keystone has a great fix for this.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Thanks guys!

I haven't been on line for a few weeks. I will be contacting my dealer.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
I have just had my 2004, 3670 fixed at my dealer for a frame flexing problem... It appears that the engineering design by Keystone for the frames and manufactured by Lippert are not strong enough for the above 32 feet models... The frames under the bedroom that support the bedroom walls are not strong enough and need to be re-enforced... Usually what is happening are the welds are breaking under the 2 x 6 inch frame and thus your walls are moving with every movement of the main frame... Have it looked into before the main cross beam frame starts to bend under too much stress... My dealer has already performed fixes on 10 Montama RV and there was one which he had to send back to Keystone due to very bad frame flex in the main cross beam holding the king pin assembly... Good luck...
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
gungho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2818
Is this a problem only on certain years?
gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I posted pictures recently somewhere on this form taken at the factory in July of 05 showing the fix for the frame flex problem.Since yours is a 04 and it broke we can assume that the fix was somewhere between the time yours was built and July of 05???

see Montana problems and Technical help..pictures of my frame problem by D Henry June 14th look for the post by richfaa
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Art,
I agree with the folks who indicated this problem is most likely the dreaded frame problem. Please let us know what you find out and if it is the frame problem how Keystone deals with the problem. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote