Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Glue On Refrigerator!

Has anyone had any problem with glue on the inside door of the freezer? While washing it out today I notice my gasket in the freezer door was ripped. Upon looking into the corner there was a sticky glue, this was catching on to the gasket and ripping it. I found it in 3 of the corners. My husband took a razor and got most of it off.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Ours is sagging on the bottom and I think it is because when you close it and cannot open it right away because it has to seal its self a couple of times Walt pulled too hard on it trying to get it open right away, and pulled the seal loose. Now I do not know this for sure but that is what we believe.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I didnt notice this last season. During the winter months I leave the doors open a crack. So I am stumped as to why this sticky glue is coming out. It is a glue that I have seen when I buy toothpaste and you get one free...it has both boxes together with this glue. Never knew they used it in freezers!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I talked with an appliance man and he told me to use a little bit of vaseline of the corners. He said this happend with stick house fridges too. He said it would help so the seal would not pull as hard. So it is worth a try.