Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Smaller Rally

Has anyone thought about a smaller rally in either Washington, Oregon,or Idaho? I would love to meet people down in in California etc but I don't have the time to do it. Maybe we could have a smaller rally where people that are still working could attend. I would love to go to California but it does not work out very well for me. My thought is to meet other Montana owned without having the associated cost of time and miles to do so.

Tom Marty

Old 05-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
I believe there is one at the 7 Feathers RV Park at Canyonville, Oregon alongside I-5.

There is a list lower down on the main page. It may have already occured but look it up.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #3
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
Please let us know dates if this happens.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
commish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14397
Small rally:
Sounds like a good idea to me. I have looked at a few local Good Sam clubs and they did not seem to have much going for them, perhaps the leaders of the clubs have gotten some what stagnate in their ideas. It must be difficult to stay energized with the same-old membership every year. No new ideas, no new input, what is a club to do? I’m in Western Washington and would sign in for a local rally. If we can get something going count me in.
commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
There is a group of us going to be at Lake Siskiyou Resort & Camp between the 20th and the 26th of May, where we had a small rally last year. This is not an official rally this year, and at this late a date, not sure if any spaces are available. This is located near Mt Shasta, CA.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:12 AM   #6
rdklein2
Established Member

M.O.C. #13494
Wa. State Good Sam spring campout 5/7-10/15 @ fairgrounds in Lynden. Washington State Samboree 6/11-14/15 @ Grant County Fairgrounds, Moses Lake, WA. Many local Good Sam chapters meet monthly some camp only on weekends. Please email me if you want more info. Or google Wa. State Good Sams.
rdklein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Thanks for the replies and ideas. I for one still work and try to plan our trips around that which pays for the ability to go have fun. I am not trying to overstep any rules for Rallies but I would like to meet my fellow Montana owners and enjoy the company etc. I live in SE Washington (Tri-Cities) and was hoping to only have to travel between 4-8 hours of travel time. I am open to suggestions and ideas. I know that a lot of people need time to preplan due to other commitments. Some of the ideas brought forth sound good just conflict with our schedule.
Thanks for reading this and I hope we come up with something.

Tom & Lynne Marty
Old 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Any member of the MOC can call a regional type rally.

We call luncheons all the time, whomever plans, posts.

Rallies can be more like a weekend campout. They do not have to have a huge schedule. The big rallies are fun. Smaller are more conducive to making life long friends.

Organize it, post it, and see if they will come.

Good luck and have fun!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #9
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I would be happy to host a fall gathering in Red Bluff Ca at Durango RV. (If space is available)! My local RV group has 53 rigs and I am wagon master. Heck what's one more outing? I use Durango because it had buddy sites and great club houses. We could do Wine Tour, Olive Tasting, lots to do? Just google Durango RV RedBluff. If it sounds good I will take it on, the folks there are great! If done in Oregon or Washington I would attend, but take lessor role in planning.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #10
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
Artemus, Keep us posted on a date. We really like Durango. I am in Red Bluff at my daughter right now. Do not have my rig because it is still at the Dealership having my roof repaired along with a laundry list. Been there a month but suppose to get it this weekend.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Yes if I get few more responses I will do that and plan an event! We are in Redding. Email me marnold7575@gmail.com. Anyone interested should send me a note.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tom-- If you want to join us for the MOC Central Plains Regional Rally(CPRR) in June we'd really like to have you join us! You can see details on the CPRR under the Regional Rally section or Regional Clubs here on the Forum. If you can find it, drop me an email or PM me and I'll give you all the info. Our Rally is open to ALL MOC members from where ever they be from. It's a smaller Rally compared to a lot of them but we like it that way because we all get to know each other and have a lot of fun over the week of the Rally. We've met a lot of good friends at the CPRR and we hope you can join us!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #13
jaybird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6300
I'm in for a Washingston State gathering. Live in Kent but head East all summer long and west in the winter
jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 AM   #14
Montana4two
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13738
I think having a small state or provincial get together would be amazing!
Montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #15
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
In about 18 months when the DW retires we will be able to go wherever we want for a rally, but would love to go to something close in Washington. We live out on the Kitsap Peninsula.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:22 AM   #16
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Small beginning. If others in Northern Cal are interested, I will be hosting a gathering in Red Bluff Ca. Sent me emails. I have four interested in a Nov gathering. marnold7575@gmail.com
Old 06-07-2015, 06:30 AM   #17
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Rondo thanks for the invite. It is still a bit to far for us to make it. It does look like there is some interest here in Washington. The biggest difference that I can see is those of us still working verse those that already put their years in and are now retired. Scheduling a long trip with our work requirements verses not really having to follow any schedule that you don't want to. Maybe we can get a few more in the WA, OR and Idaho area to come up with a nice campground and actually put something together. It would be nice to actually meet and get to know fellow RV'ers.
I know everyone has their own schedules but I am hoping for this to actually come together.

Tom Marty