Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #21
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
In the 2955RL the chairs stay with the table...just pull them out a little farther. Remember there is enough space on each side of the table for people AND chairs so you SHOULD be able to arrange the chairs regardless of the direction of the table.

Robin

eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:19 AM   #22
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
I have just placed an order for the swivel and look forward to the install. What kind of locks have you come up with??
Does the table wobble with the swivel in place??
Thanks guys for another great modification!!!
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
dejama
Established Member

M.O.C. #6250
Does anybody know who the manufacture is of the rotating table in the new Montana's? Also, I heard that they had a different brand of convection oven. I have the apollo and think it is ready to die on me
dejama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #24
budnikfl

M.O.C. #6448
I am not sure if anyone has an answer to Texas5er's question about locking the table in place but here is what I did. I mounted a deadbolt on the pedistal so it faces up toward the table and drilled holes in the table bottom for the striker to go into. This will keep the table from swiveling. I also converted a camping buddy's table but the striker would not quite reach the bottom of the table so we had to add a small metal plate with a hole drilled into it for the striker. There is very little wobble in the table so long as the holes drilled are just big enough for the striker.
This may be too late for Texas5er but maybe someone else has the same question.
budnikfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
Thanks budnikfl,
Completed the swivel modification. Works really well. The deadbolt idea sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Love the MOC Forum.
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
Anyone have any pictures of this Mod The photobucket ones are no longer active. Thanks
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #27
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Here are the links and pics that were removed from Photobucket -
I converted my dinette so I can swivel it when on the road so it is easier to get by without putting out the slides.
It was really easy. The top is held on to the base with 6 screws. I purchased a 6 3/4 inch bar stool swivel from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada (see site below) it cost $12 and is very heavy duty. They are made in the USA so should be available at most hardware stores down there.
I bolted it on to the top of the table base with 4 x 2 inch 90 degree brackets, then turned the whole table upside down to screw the swivel onto the underside of the top.
I then screwed the table back down to the floor
As the table slides back and forth it is really easy to slide it to one end then swivel it and it misses the window and gives you about 12 inches clearance from the counter top.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...,44013&p=40585

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...wivel%20table/
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote