Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Dmaxdon
Established Member

M.O.C. #8452
Still feel good about my Montana.

I sell RVs for a large dealer that sells quite a few different new brands, but not Montanas. I sell more expensive and less expensive units.
I am finding that quality issues are more of an individual issue than a brand issue and I think the Keystone Montana is a great product as we have several used units on the lot and my own 06 Montana has been great.

Dmaxdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dmaxdon -

Glad to hear you still like your Montana. As my hunting partner is often heard to remark - "life's best when you like what you've got". We agree so much that we ordered our second Montana. It should be coming off the line on Thursday.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dmaxdon, I also spend some spare time at oue local dealership, and they don't sell Montanas either, they are a Keystone dealer though! As Ron said, we are so pleased with our "second" Montana, our third one should be coming off the line on the 23rd of April.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #4
goin2themountains
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9063
How great. We are very happy with our Montana also, and have had only a couple of small issues I fixed myself rather than running 200 miles to the dealer. Can't wait to go camping again.
goin2themountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Daxmon said..."I am finding that quality issues are more of an individual issue than a brand issue" I agree with that and it is a industry problem. Example.. There is a member of this forum who we have met and talked to and had dinner with and he is a upright guy. We both have 06 3400's and the build dates are so close together that they may have been on the line the same week. We have had problems with ours, one , "'The melt down".. Major. Many others minor but frustrating and shared with many on this forum,,IE..Holding tank leaks..We have been fairly trouble free for some time now.. His 3400 however has been and continues to be a disaster area.Were it me it would have been gone long ago. This guy is a quality Control expert and although we have some experience in that field it pales in comparison to his. He knows what the industry problems are and how easy it would be to correct them and that makes it even more frustrating. His 3400 was built by workman who who had no quality control standards to guide them. Mine and others were built by workmen who had some experience and pride in their workmanship. That is the individual difference (IMO). All brand are subject to that and it should not be.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Our 1st 5th wheel was an 04 Montana 2955RL. We enjoyed that Monty so much that we purchased our 07 3485SA without even considering any other brand. If and when it becomes time for a new 5er that also will be a Montana. No ifs ands or buts about it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote