Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
rphoward
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4471
Hi Dick and Toni!

Paradise had snow last Sunday and the town still has lots of snow on the ground which is now mostly frozen because the temps have not gotten above 40. Snow is predicted again tonight.

Drive careful and we'll all catch up as weather permits.

rphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #22
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dick and Toni,

We made it to Round Rock, Texas yesterday after traveling from the Gulf at Padre Island National Seashore.

Is there any way I could send you a little bit of our expected weather? Supposed to be 76* today, and gets down to 65* tonight.

Thought about wearing long pants.,,NAH. I'll save you some suntan lotion, no sense in you carrying it all that way.

Pick your days to travel my friends, and be safe!!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #23
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robbie,
Be careful with our weather. Monday low is supposed to be 29 and I'll be in San Antonio at Braunig Lake RV park.

Give a holler if you are going down to the River Walk or other points of interest.
409-948-6843
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #24
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Robbie,
Be careful with our weather. Monday low is supposed to be 29 and I'll be in San Antonio at Braunig Lake RV park.

Give a holler if you are going down to the River Walk or other points of interest.
409-948-6843
Wayne,

I know what you're talking about, one day we are sweating, and the next we're looking for our coats! We drove through San Antonio, yesterday, warm, but misty raining, and fog. It could be a lot worse!

We're pretty hunkered down here with the Grand Kids through Christmas before heading to Quartzsite. Thanks for the offer, we will catch you another time!

SsssHhhhh, don't tell everyone about Texas, there's already to many Texans here, now!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #25
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Good News! Our road got plowed. Someone on the road crew must live close by. Snow showers over weekend. The forecast has changed. We should have rain by Wed. We may not be delayed very long after all.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Robbie, is that picture from Goosenecks?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 AM   #27
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Steve,

It is the Goosenecks SP. Going to change the picture every month. Stay tuned!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
People probably don't know, Robbie, that your Montana was parked right on that edge shown in this picture, or very close. I remember that well from our enjoyable visit with you, Alice, Grant, and Kathy last year in Goosenecks SP. What a beautiful place to boondock! In fact, I just happen to have a picture of your rig (and you and me) at that location (Grant is at the far left, supervising :

and another with your web surfing chair, complete with aircard antenna. If I recall, you said this location gave you a usable signal:

Folks, that's a long ways down. But the boondock camping here is FREE! Goosenecks State Park, Utah.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #29
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Steve, That chair picture is a classic, so now you let the cat out of the bag on how I get phone and internet!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:23 AM   #30
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Lucky Stiffs!!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #31
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We had the chance to talk to Dick and Toni (actually Toni as Dick was in bed already) tonight. They made it out of Deming using chains to the main road. They then made it to Kelso, WA (in the rain) where they are spending the night. Assuming the Cascades and Siskiyou mountains don't get closed in the next few days they should be out of the snow belt and into dryer CA this weekend. So it is looking good for their arrival on time in Quartzsite.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #32
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

We had the chance to talk to Dick and Toni (actually Toni as Dick was in bed already) tonight. They made it out of Deming using chains to the main road. They then made it to Kelso, WA (in the rain) where they are spending the night. Assuming the Cascades and Siskiyou mountains don't get closed in the next few days they should be out of the snow belt and into dryer CA this weekend. So it is looking good for their arrival on time in Quartzsite.
That is great news!