Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #41
dmr1021
Established Member

M.O.C. #5682
After reading this topic, Mama decided that it was time to move furniture...I thought those days were over. We swapped the 2 recliners and the hide-a-bed and what a difference!!

Thanks,

Maria & Dave

2007 3400RL
  • 5.5 Kw Onan LP generator
  • TBC Surgeguard
  • MotoSat internet roof-mounted
  • MotoSat HDTV roof-mounted
  • Class 4 towing hitch

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie
  • Cummins Diesel
  • dual rear tires
  • navigation system

dmr1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #42
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Although we have a model 3000 vs a 3400 we replaced the recliners with Lazy Boy models that do not have to be moved to recline. They (the model we chose)are also much lighter. Also the backs come off which made for a easy move into the Montana. I did move the tie down straps which was not a big issue

Bob & Marcia Matzinger
Spokane WA
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Native Tex, 3400RL and we took delivery last Tuesday.

We also put our couch along the back. It's a residential sofabed, not the OEM couch, and fits nicely. For travel we lift the rear shade a few inches and shove the couch back against the wall, just a couple of inches. This is a pretty deep couch. As for the recliners, we got rid of both and got me a new lazyboy recliner/rocker. The OEM recliner was too tall for me. I'm 5'10 but have relatively short legs and my feet wouldn't reach the floor! Plus, when I recline I don't like being back so far as that chair forced me to be. So it's history. We went with a single recliner so I can have a table on one side and use a tv tray for the laptop on the other. We do not strap down anything. The recliner pushes back against the wall with a pillow between recliner and wall. It's pushed back so there's enough tension to keep it from rocking. We've only towed this rig 68 miles but the chair hasn't moved.

on edit -- I had the opportunity to sit in an OEM recliner in Ozz's 3400 and must say it was far more comfortable than the one we had. And my feet reach the floor on theirs! If ours were that comfortable we'd have kept it. We had a very enjoyable visit and lunch with Ozz (Jim and Sue) and Hemlockusa (John and Crista).

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:11 AM   #44
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
We made the big "switch" this past weekend trip. Move the recliners and put the sofa in the back. I really like it and Momma's happy. And when Momma's happy - everybody is happy.

Phill & Gladys
Sometimes me sits and thinks - sometimes me just sits.
06 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4
06 Montana 3400RL
Bichon - CEO
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #45
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
I took the funky screws out myself - did away with the tie downs completely - left the couch in the alcove for awhile, but didn't like pushing the couch back to the blinds to keep the cushions from hanging up on the slides - so thanks Parrothead for the idea to use them to block the recliners - we also bought two small ottomans (with storage) and use those as coffee tables as well - took the wooden side table out so we would have better maneuverability with the dining room set - when we went South last year in the 3295, we took out that D R set bought a round glass top table at Pier 1 on sale and used our two cube seats that we had for chairs, as well as at the desk. Since we have the 3400, with desk chair, decided to make the D.R. set work however we needed to, could still take out two chairs and have lots of room to seat people as needed. It all comes down to choices, as usual. We currently have the couch back on the side wall - but I get very tired of pushing and pulling those recliners around each time....thank goodness for "working men" furniture movers....

Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
3400/Dodge Ram 3500
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote