Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #21
Cruising
Established Member

M.O.C. #20733
We were very pleased woth Crestview RV in Georgetown, TX.

Cruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
krahopkin
Established Member

M.O.C. #17294
Love the quote about Camping World, AVOID at all cost
krahopkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #23
GEWilson49

M.O.C. #21140
Dealer recommendation

General RV has 5 dealerships. We live in MI and purchased our Montana thru their home office sales by phone. They have a “keep you camping” policy that they honor at all their dealerships when stuff happens. They have been very good with problems, great customer service. We started at A&S RV but were not impressed. Lack of sales knowledge on the Montana, assistant sales manager hollered out his door to salesman in response to a question, repair tech guessing at simple question (4 visits).
GEWilson49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #24
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsinbox View Post
My husband and I ordered a 2020 Montana 3931FB Legacy from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. We worked with Kaitlyn and were trained by Mike. We can't say enough great things about the experience. Although we were quoted 8 to 10 weeks on delivery and it took several weeks longer, they stayed in touch to let us know. Summer is obviously not the best time to place an order. After shopping around for 3 months, we got a great deal from this family owned business in North GA and are speaking with them about another RV for my son. We recommend them highly!

We ordered in June and picked up in September. Full body paint took an extra 3 weeks on the line during peak season. We were worried that manufacturing would be rushed and may cause some unnecessary problems but we've been in the RV full-time for over a month and have not had any issues. Northgate kept the RV for a week after delivery from Keystone just to be sure there were no problems. They installed a hitch while we went through our 3 hour training. They could have sold a more expensive sliding hitch but talked us out of it saying it was an unnecessary expense.

It was really nice to do business with an honest dealer. They have an outstanding reputation and everyone in the RV community in TN knows who they are.

Best success with your new purchase!
Janet H

http://www.northgaterv.com/?gclid=Cj...BoCsWwQAvD_BwE
Agree with everything Janet said. A little far from you, but highly recommend them. This is the third trailer we've bought from them.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #25
Zinnman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15824
Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle. Their word rang true all the way through.
Zinnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:34 PM   #26
GreenBear
Established Member

M.O.C. #25111
Thanks

Thanks a ton for all the suggestions. I am working with a few of the dealers mentioned on this thread and it seems to be going well.

Thanks again!
GreenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:25 AM   #27
kjmcdowell77
Established Member

M.O.C. #22739
I second Leach Camper Sales in Council Bluffs, IA. Got a great deal with very little dickering or messing around. Have bought two coaches from them and the service is top notch. I've never experienced any of the issues with warranty work that many of the group members have complained about. They're located right in the middle of the country so it would be more convenient than a dealer on either coast. The guy we deal with has been with them for almost 30 years. His name is Tracy Rannells.
2017 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel
kjmcdowell77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #28
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
We bought our HC330RL from Lazy Days in Denver. Drove from Oklahoma City because they were easier to deal with than any local dealer and had what we wanted in stock. The next time we buy it will be from Haylett RV in Cold Water MI. No hidden dealer fees and up front pricing. Some of the cheapest prices in the country because they are just down the road from the manufacturers. They have lots of videos on YouTube.
Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #29
DaleRobertson
Established Member

M.O.C. #22977
It would seem that selecting a dealer that is local to you would be something to consider.
DaleRobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #30
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We can highly recommend Leach Camper in Council Bluffs, IA. We have hosted the MOC Central Plains Regional Rally and Leach Camper sold 8 units to our Rally attendees over the past six or seven years and have serviced them to a high quality when ever needed. We take our Montana to Leach for any maintenance that it may need. In fact, Keystone Montana Division has sent me to Leach several times for maintenance they could not schedule during the Fall Rally also. So they have confidence, as I do, in Leach with both their sales and service.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #31
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
My advice is don't buy from a dealer just because they have smiling sales reps!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM A DEALER JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE RECOMMENDS THEM BECAUSE THEY "treated them nice". This is a BUSINESS DEAL not a "nice convention". Absolutely positively do not walk into your local dealership and not check prices anywhere else!!!!!!!!

I strongly recommend that you turn the purchase into a commodity bid with at the very minimum 3 dealers. In order to get the best price (saving 10s of thousands) you MUST pit the dealers against each other on four key issues in order:
1. Best cash price out the door (everything included).
2. Best price for your trade in if you have one.
3. Best financing (if you go thru the dealer for that).
4. Do not allow them to add any "special" warranties or services to jack the price back up.

At any point that you don't think your getting the best deal you have to be willing to get up and walk out. PERIOD. You have the money and that gives you the power. Up to the point you sign the bottom line that is. After that the dealer has all the power. DO NOT sign the bottom line until your absolutely sure you have the very best deal and you have inspected the merchandise and all the obvious repairs have been completed. Once you drive off the lot you no longer have any real leverage over the dealer and your at their mercy for any warranty repairs. And I would not use the sales dealer for warrant work anyway.

I know you say that you don't have patience but to get the best price you MUST take the time to work the process. IF you don't your going to pay way more than you should have.

I also highly advise you to buy from a sales dealership but have all your repair work completed by a REPAIR ONLY business. With very few exceptions sales dealerships only have service to get the rigs out the door. By contrast, REPAIR ONLY shops have a business model that dictates that they do work professionally and fast.

Despite what folks on here say about Camping World we found that we got the best price from them and bought our rig there. It only stands to reason since CW is the highest volume dealer in the world. HOWEVER, I would NOT use Camping World for any service work!

Commodity bid=best price and major savings!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #32
Montana2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #22614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
I know it’s half the world away, but at least call RV Outlet USA in Ringolds, VA. They sell thousands online and telephone. They will give you bottom price over the phone. Service also has been great for us. At least compare price. Montana’s are their biggest sellers. Good luck.

rv007.com
434-799-8721
I second this
Purchased ours at RVOutlet
Great Price, delivered on what they promised
Not a “white glove” dealership according to them but we were very pleased w experience
With any dealer, do your own thorough pdi and look for all the common items you find here on forums b4 taking delivery
Worked w Dawn and owner
2020 3721 Legacy FBP
Montana2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:53 PM   #33
CruiserMB

M.O.C. #23875
Check these guys out

Haylett Rv located in Coldwater Michagan, that's where we are getting ours at !
CruiserMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #34
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruising View Post
We were very pleased woth Crestview RV in Georgetown, TX.
We have dealt with Crestview in the past. Would never ever I mean never ever deal with Crestview ever again.

One example of an exhaustive list.

They called and said my TT was ready for pickup. It had to go back to the factory using Texas' lemon law. I asked if he had inspected it to make sure everything was fixed. He assured me he had done that. I get there and one of the tires had blown and was shredded from being towed back from the factory!!!
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #35
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
We have dealt with Crestview in the past. Would never ever I mean never ever deal with Crestview ever again.

One example of an exhaustive list.

They called and said my TT was ready for pickup. It had to go back to the factory using Texas' lemon law. I asked if he had inspected it to make sure everything was fixed. He assured me he had done that. I get there and one of the tires had blown and was shredded from being towed back from the factory!!!
This just reinforces my suggestion that you never rely on the recommendations of anyone for a dealer. One person will rave about a dealer and the next will hate them. It all depends on how they were treated by the sales staff. How you are TREATED is not important!!!! The PRICE you pay is!!!!! BUY where you get the best PRICE! Get your service at a service ONLY business!!!!!

Its a BUSINESS deal not a love fest!!!! SMILES cost money! If you want to get the best deal you have to go in with the right mindset period! Your not there to be best friends with the dealership. Your there to get the most for the least amount of money. They are there to give you the least for the most money. You better understand that or your going to pay to much!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #36
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
We did not buy from Camping World here in Tucson, it was purchased in Elkhart.

Our local CW gave us great warranty service while our rig was still in warranty. Our longest wait to get an appointment was 5 days.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #37
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
We just purchased our 3791RD last week in California it was a 2019 Legacy package with Full Body Paint Paid $58K it was actually used (only 6 months old) but in new condition with most of the warranty issues already resolved.

However I had two new 2019 3790 and 3791 negotiated to $58K one was in South Dakota RV Travel Land and the other in North Dakota at Outlet recreation (this one was a delivered to Seattle price at $59K).

Best price I found on a 2020 was $69.900 (most would not budge below $74K) and frankly since there is little difference between 2019 and 2020 a $10K difference was not justifyable especially since the 2020's will be worth high 50's in 8-10 months anyway.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #38
riflegunbuilder
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23386
I will be happy to tell you one not to use. Good sales deal. Toilet in my unit never held water, second time they "fixed it" they returned unit with the toilet broken. Told me it couldn't be their fault. Lesson learned.
riflegunbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #39
GreenBear
Established Member

M.O.C. #25111
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
We just purchased our 3791RD last week in California it was a 2019 Legacy package with Full Body Paint Paid $58K it was actually used (only 6 months old) but in new condition with most of the warranty issues already resolved.

However I had two new 2019 3790 and 3791 negotiated to $58K one was in South Dakota RV Travel Land and the other in North Dakota at Outlet recreation (this one was a delivered to Seattle price at $59K).

Best price I found on a 2020 was $69.900 (most would not budge below $74K) and frankly since there is little difference between 2019 and 2020 a $10K difference was not justifyable especially since the 2020's will be worth high 50's in 8-10 months anyway.
Thanks a ton for the information. On the 2020 units what options were you having quoted? Did you get dual pane windows, generator prep / generator, solar, etc.?
GreenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #40
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahopkin View Post
Love the quote about Camping World, AVOID at all cost
Montanas through Sean Kwant at CW in Myrtle Beach. Price and xervice has been very good. A closed mind is not a good thing.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote