Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #41
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I keep hearing that dealers won't service vehicles not sold by them. I can tell you there is my dealer in Hiawatha, IA who will service you provided the dealer you just bought it from was not the dealer a couple hundred miles from him who sold you the vehicle for a few hundred miles less than he charged. And even then this dealer will get you in for service, but at the bottom of the list of those needing service. And I think that's fair.

But, if you need repair service and are traveling and need work done and are near enough to Hiawatha, IA, call them at 319-377-8244, ask for the service department,tell them of your plight and that Orv Schinke recommended you call them for help. I don't think you'll be disappointed. They have serviced our RVs for over 35 years. I've been able to call them and tell them when I'll be there and they get us in right away; most of the time let us stay in our rig overnight when necessary.

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #42
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Since we are still awaiting delivery of our first Montana, we can't as yet comment on the specifics of service quality at any dealership. However, looking through the comments here, I'm wondering it it would be appropriate to start a forum topic on "Dealership Ratings" or some such similar title where members can list the good and the bad about their experiences with dealerships. Each dealership could be listed as a sub-topic under the general heading. When a member needs service they could see how others have rated the dealership that they are considering. Keystone might want to monitor this as well, since I'm sure that repeated bad reports might affect their sales through that dealership.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #43
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonandBonnie

Since we are still awaiting delivery of our first Montana, we can't as yet comment on the specifics of service quality at any dealership. However, looking through the comments here, I'm wondering it it would be appropriate to start a forum topic on "Dealership Ratings" or some such similar title where members can list the good and the bad about their experiences with dealerships. Each dealership could be listed as a sub-topic under the general heading. When a member needs service they could see how others have rated the dealership that they are considering. Keystone might want to monitor this as well, since I'm sure that repeated bad reports might affect their sales through that dealership.
There actually is such a thread. Its a sticky in the same category of this thread. It's a bit hard to wade thru and find the info - would be nice if you could d/l data to excel to sort it or otherwise categorize but its a start.

Honestly though... If Keystone doesn't care that a dealer would turn you away on Warranty work just because you did not buy your RV there you gotta wonder.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #44
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

I keep hearing that dealers won't service vehicles not sold by them. I can tell you there is my dealer in Hiawatha, IA who will service you provided the dealer you just bought it from was not the dealer a couple hundred miles from him who sold you the vehicle for a few hundred miles less than he charged. And even then this dealer will get you in for service, but at the bottom of the list of those needing service. And I think that's fair.

But, if you need repair service and are traveling and need work done and are near enough to Hiawatha, IA, call them at 319-377-8244, ask for the service department,tell them of your plight and that Orv Schinke recommended you call them for help. I don't think you'll be disappointed. They have serviced our RVs for over 35 years. I've been able to call them and tell them when I'll be there and they get us in right away; most of the time let us stay in our rig overnight when necessary.

Orv
Thank you Orv for the kind referral. Unfortunately I'm on the East Coast so it would be a bit of a drive.

Was in your neck of the woods 2 years ago and spent a few day relaxing at Palisades-Keppler SP. Was a nice park and have always enjoyed our time traveling thru "the corn patch" .
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote